Some quickstart installations do not work

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am
Hello, I have a question concerning new quickstart installations. While for example an older package like 'the real design' works perfectly, newer quickstarts like 'John' or 'Photo' get stuck at the 'Never-ending database installation'. I have full access to the server, but none of the tips seem to do anything.

When the 'Never-ending database installation' occurs I can perform a manual modification to configuration.php but then logging in with a modified user trough PHPMyAdmin does not work.

Why does one quickstart work out of the box and the other not? Any pointers besides the Gavick documentation online?

Best regards,
Nicolas
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:19 am
Are you sure all Joomla requirements are met?

GK User
Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:20 pm
The quickstart installer says all the requirements are met, and according to your list with the requirements I should be ok (2 different servers)

Joomla 3 Quickstart Install Requirements
    PHP 5.3.1 or higher – 5.4+ is recommended
    MySQL 5.1 (or higher)
    Apache 2. x or higher
    XML and Zlib support: Your host’s PHP installation should support XML and Zlib functionality.
    PHP Magic Quotes GPC setting should be off.

SERVER1
    PHP 5.3.29
    MySQL 5.1.73
    Apache 2.2.29

SERVER2
    PHP 5.5.26
    MySQL 5.5.45-cll
    Apache-versie 2.4.12

And as mentioned 'the real design' Quickstart works.

Is there an option here to receive an email when an answer is posted?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:09 pm
I don't know if this sheds any light on the subject:
http://www.exampleadress.com/gk_john_s_ ... llDatabase

{"token":"ecb36d34a93c0c572b37db2ec97c3247","lang":"en-GB","error":true,"header":"Error","message":"The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again."}

In the meantime (as a test) I have also installed a clean Joomla_3.4.4 installation package on SERVER2 without any problem, can I provide extra information?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 pm
I guess this is a compatibility issue. On 3rd screen you see a list of php configuration flags - all should be met. Could you please post a screenshot of that list?

GK User
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:36 am
All flags are green, to get display errors to 'off' I adjust the .htaccess file. But this is not a prerequisite, 'the real design' quickstart installation works correctly with errors to 'on'.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2hyJR ... sp=sharing

To be clear the image just goes back to the third installation screen after of while making the database, hence the 'Never-ending database installation'.

I should not have post the last message, I don't think reloading the 'installationaddress/gk_john_s_quickstart_J30/installation/index.php?task=InstallDatabase'-address gives you any valuable information.

So you have no idea how come some quickstarts work and others don't? There are no experiences with users in the past with the same problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:44 am
We do:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... o-fix-them
this article provides some informations. The problem shows more often with fresh quickstart packages that needs to inject more data into database. And it mostly depends on server side configuration. Disabling display_errors (correctly, it doesn't always work when set in htaccess) usually helps.

GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:32 pm
Hi there,

I tried all the things in the document, but still can't quickstart one of the new templates. The older ones or the native Jommla 351 install and run perfectly.
At me, the last step breaks before creating configuration file.
A get a long long error message which starts like this... but its much longer...

Code: Select all
Table 'pws_box.#__users' doesn't exist SQL=UPDATE `#__users` SET block=1 WHERE block=0

Table 'pws_box.#__viewlevels' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `#__viewlevels` (`id`, `title`, `ordering`, `rules`) VALUES (1,'Public',0,'[1]'),(2,'Registered',1,'[6,2,8]'),(3,'Special',2,'[6,3,8]')

Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_unicode_ci' SQL=CREATE TABLE `#__viewlevels` ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Primary Key', `title` varchar(100) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `rules` varchar(5120) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL COMMENT 'JSON encoded access control.', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), UNIQUE KEY `idx_assetgroup_title_lookup` (`title`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=4 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Table 'pws_box.#__utf8_conversion' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `#__utf8_conversion` (`converted`) VALUES (2)

Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4' SQL=CREATE TABLE `#__utf8_conversion` ( `converted` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci

If I look in database with phpmyadmin, there a all folders, but all are empty.

Using debian 6
mysql 5.1.73-1
php 5.4.30-1~dotdeb.0

Hope for urgent help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:24 pm
Noone an idea? Please help...
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.