date and time problem

GK User
Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Hi... I have a thing with date and time in article view... in some articles, few of them, it is displayed and in others it doesn't... I want it to be displayed... I use K2 with the template. I checked at the categories and I have it on - to be displayed -
Can u please advise?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:31 am
Hi,

Please check if also in the article settings it is set to be displayed, because settings from the article overrides the settings from the category.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:30 pm
No... unfortunately all I have is to inherit from category...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:48 pm
can you please write to me where I can find this in the code, in which php file to check it if it ok?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am
The K2 article view is available in the template directory at html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
Administrator

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 pm
Please make something clear to me as this drives me nuts... the date of creation and the date of modification of the article is something handled by the template, from the file you wrote to me... correct?

I do see at the preferences of the K2 that there are options there as well regarding the dates which I have on as well... but if they are going to be shown and where is handled by the template... yes?

Finally, and odd, I tried the article's preferences regarding the date created and modified... and still it refuses to show the created date.

Should mention that the modified date is shown correctly at the bottom of the article - if the article is modified of course -

So... is there any way you can assist me on something, anything to be able to show the creation date in the articles??? because in every other aspect, category view, tag listing, g4 news show pro listing... the date of creation is shown...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:41 pm
I found it my friend... and for all the other people that may read this... it was at the K2 categories options at the item view options... if I turn off the font resizer!!! then the date created vanishes as well... so, if you want the creation date you must have the fornt resizer on as well....!!!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 am
I'll report it to our developers, because it means that some conditional statements are misplaced.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 am
Hello,
I have a simular problem, and it's driving me crazy.
I want to display the creation date on the items in my K2 category listing.
The Item Creation Date is set on Show in category and Items setting. Even on the global K2 setting. Date is showing in the Item View, but not in the category listing...
Display of other variables does not seem a problem.
I use the GK_Magazine template.

Thank you for your help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am
@schucki what template you use ? I'm checking this issue and and I don't any problems with showing article create data on category listings in several templates >> http://cl.ly/image/0B070R0c1317
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm
bkrztuk wrote:@schucki what template you use ? I'm checking this issue and and I don't any problems with showing article create data on category listings in several templates >> http://cl.ly/image/0B070R0c1317

I have same problem with date and category views with Magazine template. I try to change template and still same problem. I have latest version of template 3.9.2, K2 2.6.7.

Please help!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am
Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:25 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?

Yes, I change for "Beez" template and I can see date at category view.

Seems to be a problem of your template.

Any ideas?
thanks,
David.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 am
What template version you use ? The latest one ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 am
bkrztuk wrote:What template version you use ? The latest one ?

Yes, latest one(3.9.2)
Thanks,
David.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am
danabeo wrote:
bkrztuk wrote:What template version you use ? The latest one ?

Yes, latest one(3.9.2)
Thanks,
David.

Some test:

1- I'f I enable "date created" on view item, in this view does'nt show date. Only if I also enable "Author", then date is published ("date create" must be enabled)

2- This doesn't work on category view,

Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:15 am
Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:55 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.

I've sent you a PM
thanks,
David.
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.