K2 User Profile Edit Issues

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 am
Hi!

When users edit their data in frontend and press save, they get message "Profile saved successfully" , but actually nothing had been saved in personal Details. Where as account details like username password and all are updating and getting saved.

However users can edit and save articles, but they can't edit their own user profile. Where is the problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 am
Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ? Please let me know about results because I suspect this is not related with template but K2 settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:26 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ? Please let me know about results because I suspect this is not related with template but K2 settings.

There is no difference with Beez defualt template. What is the solution now?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 am
First of all you should reinstall K2 extension and if this doesn't help you need to contact with K2 support because K2 as a 3rd party extension is beyond our support.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm
It got resolved after i reinstall k2.
One more thing in k2 user module add new item leads to pop up. I need the same effect in the main menu. I mean when user clicks to add item in main menu it should pop up k2 form, Instead its opeining into entire screen. I have added tmpl=component after the url still its not working.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 am
This modification is probably impossible, the K2 user details module loads pop-up window where then it display content, the menu is just a menu so it can direct to URL.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 pm
sdeepu007 wrote:It got resolved after i reinstall k2.
One more thing in k2 user module add new item leads to pop up. I need the same effect in the main menu. I mean when user clicks to add item in main menu it should pop up k2 form, Instead its opeining into entire screen. I have added tmpl=component after the url still its not working.

Hi,
Can you please let me know how to reinstall K2 ? I have a similar issue with another template ( Game Magazine). I can see the account details of the users but the Profile information is not seen in any of the backend tables and also in the UI when they log back in.

Kindly help..
thanks,
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.