read more button doesn't appear

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Hi, sorry for my english, I've a problem with the read more button, it doesn't appear, there is only the link at the article as a simple text. I've set all the parametres of the article view (show icons, show read more, etc) but doesn't change.
It's probably because I've not installed k2 because I use jce editor, and it seems the template is set for using k2 styles, but I don't know how to solve this problem. This is the first site I do and for all the other aspects I've find your templates very simple and intuitive!
Thank you very much

Silvia
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 pm
First of all where the button is missing in K2 item or Joomla! article ? Did you add the "Read more" in article content ? The Read More button is enabled in item and category settings ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm
It's missing in Joomla article, I don't use K2, and I've add the read more, it appears as a simple text with link without the button. I've also enabled the Read More button in all settings (article and categories)... :?:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am
Did you add the 'Read more' line in article content to separate introtext which is visible with "Read more" button ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm
Yes, I'm not good to explain in english...sorry...the read more function works, the only thing I don't see is the coloured button, I see only the text "Leggi tutto" (Read more in Italian) with the link to the article. Why the button doesn'appear?
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 am
Hi,
@Silviadg84 can you give me url to your site ?

GK User
Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 pm
If you look at our demo http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/myfolio/index.php/blog you will see that read more button in this template is a link. So it is a correct look.

GK User
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm
Silviadg84 wrote:http://www.silviadegrandi.com/index.php Thanks

I think Leggi Tutto is Read more button !!? Your site is in italian....
attachment-removed
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 pm
yes, leggi tutto is the same of read more...
Konrad, if I want this visualization of read more?
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/myfolio ... art-photos

it's not possible?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 pm
Please kosovari, can you remove the image of my website you post? This is a work for a client and I don't want to show it here...thanks
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 pm
@Silviadg84 this second example is readmore from k2 articles adn you ask about readmore from joomla articles. To achieve same effect in joomla articles, please edit template.css, joomla.css, style1.css, style2.css and style3.css and if you in selector will find this class:
Code: Select all
.k2ReadMore

add this class too :
.readmore

GK User
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm
Thank you for your patience, unfortunately i'm not yet practice of code, can you give me an example how do I add this class near .k2ReadMore ?
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am
For example if you find:
.button, .pagenav-next a, .pagenav-prev a, .k2ReadMore {
padding: 5px 9px !important;
}

you have to add .readmore :
.button, .pagenav-next a, .pagenav-prev a, .k2ReadMore, .readmore {
padding: 5px 9px !important;
}

GK User
Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 pm
Thank you very much Konrad!
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.