ask a question

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:00 pm
Hello,

when I click on "ask a question" link near the product I got very narrow (about 20 px) long white box without any chance to input text.

You can check this here : http://prezervatyvai.lt/ivairus-prezerv ... zervatyvai
In Lithuanian it will be "Užduoti klausimą apie šį produktą"

P.S. never checked it before, maybe it was not working for long time already :)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:51 pm
Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:31 am
On beez it works correctly.

Thanks.

bkrztuk wrote:Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 am
What is your template version and VM version? Did you install latest update of eSport template?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm
Latest virtuemart (2.6) and latest e-sport template v.2.17.1vm
bkrztuk wrote:What is your template version and VM version? Did you install latest update of eSport template?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm
Ok, but latest available update for eSport supports VM 2.0.26 not 2.6 and this is probably you get this errors.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:35 pm
Is this hard to fix ? Maybe I can rewrite some files from other templates ?

bkrztuk wrote:Ok, but latest available update for eSport supports VM 2.0.26 not 2.6 and this is probably you get this errors.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 am
The easiest way is to merge default VirtueMart product details view using some tool like FileMerge (WinMerge) with template override view in template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php. Please look at default code which should be similar to this one :

Code: Select all
//vmdebug('view productdetails layout default show prices, prices',$this->product);
               if ($this->product->prices['salesPrice']<=0 and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and isset($this->product->images[0]) and !$this->product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
                  ?>
                  <a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow"><?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?></a>
                  <?php
               } else {

and the script at the top :

if(VmConfig::get('ask_question', 0)){
      $boxAsk = "jQuery.fancybox({
            href: '" . $this->askquestion_url . "',
            type: 'iframe',
            height: '550'
         });";
   }
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:29 pm
I see that template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php is quite big one, do I need to take only
         });";
   }

and put this into default virtuemart file ?

bkrztuk wrote:The easiest way is to merge default VirtueMart product details view using some tool like FileMerge (WinMerge) with template override view in template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php. Please look at default code which should be similar to this one :

//vmdebug('view productdetails layout default show prices, prices',$this->product);
               if ($this->product->prices['salesPrice']<=0 and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and isset($this->product->images[0]) and !$this->product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
                  ?>
                  <a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow"><?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?></a>
                  <?php
               } else {

and the script at the top :

});";
   }
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am
All changes should be made in file override by our template so in root/templates/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/ directory.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.