Ask a Question goes to 404

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:43 am
Just found another issue, our 'Ask a question" button allows the user to see and submit the form but then takes them to a 404 page.. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:46 pm
Hi,
1) Are you talking about DEMO page, your page with Demo content (from QS) or your page with your content?
2) Where is that button ? Could you explain to me. Link or Screenshot or ??
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 am
Hi There,

Sorry about lack of details. We are using the virtuemart store as a catalogue and when the user clicks on the 'ask a question about this product' button on the product page they can enter their details but when they click submit it goes to a 404 page. Any suggestions why this might be happening? I can send you details to our site if you like via pm.
Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 am
Anyone got any ideas? Also i'll pm you the link to the site.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:48 am
Oops, you've encountered an error 500
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

Not 404.

I wonder it's connected with EasyCalcCheck Plus , please disable all additional plugins for a while and check again. In meantime I will check our QuickStart.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 am
p.s.
Please insert here a list of additional extensions (components and plugins only) which you have installed.

Because on our Quickstart and template - " Ask a question about this product" works okey. It means that you have conflict inside CMS.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:01 am
You can also check this.
Because our template override default VM template, please rename this folder: templates\gk_esport\html\com_virtuemart\askquestion

from "askquestion" to just "ask" , then you'll get default VM view form for ask a question. Then check it how it works.

...It result should answer to your question it's a fault of gavick template or not. Sometimes when admin install too many plugins they may crash other components etc.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:34 pm
I get the same error, but using Shop&Buy template. Don't have the file templates\gk_shop_and_buy\html\com_virtuemart so I cant get to file askquestion. Do you know whre I can find the file for askquestion.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.