Menu position and menu display problems

GK User
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am
There are two major problems in the freshly installed Boutique template (installed by the quickstart and added all missing plugins from the additional files pack):

1. there are differences between the module positions of the demo/feature page and the real template:
- there is no mainmenu position in the real template
- there are no position-x positions in the layout plan

2. the main menu assigned to the position-7 which is not included (officially) to the template, regardless it's still visible, but can not move away! It doesn't matter where I assign the main menu, it remains at the same position. Same true to the top menu: I reassigned it and nothing happened.

Emptied all caches, turned off compressions, tried in Chrome and FF too: nothing.

Please, someone could provide a real layout map and a solution to show the menus where I want?

Thank you very much!
Peter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 am
First of all welcome at Gavick :)

I'll try to explain you all this menu issues, first of all our templates don't have mainmenu position, menu it is built-in template part of code. It is related with menu scripts and advanced menu settings and this is why it is not working like regular module position. The menu that you've found on this position-7 comes probably from Beez template and it is not related with GavickPro template.

All menu settings you will find in template configuration. Please just open 'Menu' tab and there you can specify name of menu and all advanced settings, more help you will find at our wiki http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-templates/gavern-framework/gavern-3-0-menu/
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.