Design for Cart buttons

Create unique look and build successful ecommerce website with eShop Joomla template.
GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 am
how do i fix this
in shopping cart
>> back to shopping
>> refresh
>> delete
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:43 am
Yes well, i posted this problem over a week ago in another thread, with a hint to the cause for this problem, but alas to no avail. On the bright side, i see i still have 348 days left of my membership...

Ahwell, made the dark version myself in the meantime;

Sorry to vent some opinion in your thread Dorkus, but like you i would like the continue shopping button to be fixed.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 am
me2

admins: please advise
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 pm
I hope its not too much to ask for a response, or dare I say it, even a solution.

It's only a matter of courtesy and good business practise to help your paying customers to the best of your ability. They can be wrong or even annoying, but hey they are still paying your bills. Being a member for only a short period of time i am amazed by the number of unresolved questions in this forum. I hope I will soon witness the realisation of your 2009 resolutions, and that the support will be on par with the templates...

In the meantime, would be nice to have all the right buttons:P
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:27 pm
You know what the thing is Lindeboom? It still is cheap. My support questions from last year (about 10 months ago) went unanswered. I am still waiting. Funny thing is, I did renew my subsription, cause no matter how you look at it. It beats having to pay a webdesigner 5000 euros for a design and another 5.000 for a webshop...

Bye bye
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm
Phew, for a moment i thought it was coming from an admin:)

Anyhow, sure you have a point, but you can't deny mine. Ah well, we all have different standards, and apparently read something different into the word support.

Toedeloe:laugh:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 pm
Well, of course support means exactly that : support. But let's face it : The less you expect the less dissapointed you can get. And for a mere 5 euros a month, I do not complain, although we are also waiting for the dark version of E-Shop...

Toedeloe to you too (I see you watch Deal or no Deal? :|)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm
so can we expect an answer?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:48 pm
just out of curiousity - is any of the admins replying to this?

your template has major flaws and i believe customers can expect a defect free version.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:14 pm
I will look on this. Your post will be answered -- do not worry. Just give me time, because this is related to VM not only template so I need more time. Thank you

PS: it is very interesting problem, because when I open in Opera, i see code:
Code: Select all
    <div align="center">
           <a href="/gavick/eshop/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53" class="continue_link">
          Continue Shopping       </a>
      <a href="http://localhost/gavick/eshop/index.php?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53" title="Checkout" class="checkout_link">Checkout</a>   </div>

so both buttons should look the same. But they do not.

When opened in FF code is like this:
<div align="center">
    <a href="http://localhost/gavick/eshop/index.php?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53" title="Checkout" class="checkout_link">Checkout</a>   </div>

PS: both vere same install, same page, same cart. So I must check VM as this looks to be VM problem and not template!!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:18 pm
any updates?

thank you so much.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am
not meaning to be an ass but... please resolve this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm
I am sorry, can not help on this...VM is so buggy and its template is really difficult...I spend a lot of time going thru many template files and can not say exactly why is this happening...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 pm
In Joomla Classes.css the continue shopping button isn't defined. If you define this the b_readmore appears.
In the source psd the there are 2 b_readmore buttons, both pointing the same directions. If you make a seperate button from the left one, with the arrow pointing left, you are close to a solution.

Unfortunately "continue shopping" is too long a phrase to fit in 101 px. So it looks ugly. Also both buttons need some css to make them appear on the same height. So a png file extra, and some css is all that is needed. The picture i can make myself, the css to make it look perfect not. a.readon, continue link and checkout link just need some seperate css. I don't think virtuemart is to blame for this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:47 pm
Have you found a solutin for this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 pm
As Lindeboom mentioned, this should be a straight forward task to do and it is related to major function of shopping cart... When I installed quickstart(which is still 1.1.2) There wasn't even any "continue shopping" link, till updated to virtuemart 1.1.3... Now got the text link..

Also, since this is one of few virtuemart templates you publish, you really need to update files for new versions...

I am not really writing a lot to the forums, but general impression(as mine) is that, you really need more people working for gavick to handle all these..

Back to the problem, what is the last stance on the topic...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am
so, GAVICK staff, PLEASE FIX.

we've been patient enough.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 pm
Hi

Sorry about the delay.
I will fix this today.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:06 pm
Hi

It's simple, but gives the correct design for the cart buttons.

This will be the result:

Please, download the file, unzip and follow instructions.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:42 pm
thank you.

when vm logo is turned of, these buttons are very close to bottom. how can i add more spacing?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:03 pm
dorkus wrote:
thank you.

when vm logo is turned of, these buttons are very close to bottom. how can i add more spacing?

On the code added on vm_major.css, see and replace margin class:

.checkout_link {
float: right;
margin: -28px 4px 50px 0;
background: url('../images/check_button.png') no-repeat;
padding:6px 0;
}

And also in ie7_css.css, replace:

.checkout_link {
margin: 0 4px 50px 0;
}

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 pm
figured it out myself.

but hey, thanks for the quick reply :)
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.