Extracting quickstart question?

Professional Joomla template suitable for a wide range of finance related sites such as stock market, finance news, forex informations.
GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:42 pm
HI,

when I try to extract quickstart zip file I got massage that there is a file with the same name and do I wish to replace it with new one? There is more than one file and all if them are from k2 component (administrator -> components -> com_k2). How to properly extract quickstart or should I just replace those files when winrar ask me to?

Thank's.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm
Yes just choose "yes" to override the files.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm
Thank you it is installed OK.

Now there is one more thing. I have published one Welcome page/article and I can't disable Home title from article. I want to show only article title (Welcome) but no category or anything else.

See the picture please.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am
Home page is setup as Frontpage articles > Showing All categories with number specified in Home Menu item settings. You need to change it a single article type.

1. In Joomla Admin > Main Menu > Home Item. Now you are in "Home" menu item settings.
2. Menu Item Type > click on select you will get a pop-up box.
3. In Pop-up box choose Articles > Single Article. Pop-up will now close.
4. Look on right hand side Required Settings > Select Article > Click on Select/Change to select your welcome article.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm
This is it, thank you man ;)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:00 am
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm
I need help again :(

I have to back front page as it is on original (like on demo) and now when I click on READ MORE link the is no article to show? What was I done wrong?

My URL is: http://www.islamicunity.net
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 pm
You need to setup your menu items properly.

If you have for an example following joomla categories or k2 categories.

News/
News/Sport News
News/World News
News/Racing News

Then if you create a menu item to "News" category then all your modules will work.
If you create a Menu item only to Sport News then you have modules getting its data from World News then any links on modules will not work. So you have to create a menu item for those categories as well. Menu item can be hidden in different menu other then "Main Menu" if you don't want it showing on frontpage.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm
Thank's Norman but maybe I didn't explain very well. I have problem with gk news component or template setup.
When I switched to default joomla template I can see articles and READ MORE link is working fine, but when I switched back to Finance template I can see articles (intro) on front page, shown by gk news module and when click on read more link nothing is happening, just reloaded home page with URL of clicked article!?

Hope this is more clear about problem, sorry for my English.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 pm
Readmore link in news show pro is different then read more link in standard joomla template. They are not the same. Please try what I've suggested.

For test purpose create a new menu item and link it to the category where your module is getting its data from.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:28 pm
I have created new Home menu item and select All categories (like on DEMO site) and then on gk news pro I select my categories and still nothing!?

sorry but I'm really confused about this :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm
Please send an admin access to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk and I ll check it out for you.

Please include this topic link in your email.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:10 pm
normanUK wrote:Please send an admin access to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk and I ll check it out for you.

Please include this topic link in your email.

See you around...

I have sent you an email.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 pm
Issue fixed by creating menu items. Please check your email.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.