Google Analytics Code placement

AppSite - Professional Business Template for Joomla support forum.
GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 pm
I noticed that you're putting the Google Analytics code at the end of the <body> segment in the HTML page. Shouldn't it go in the top just before </head>?

I know that this doesn't impact the collection of site statistics, but I mention this because Google Webmaster Tools is unable to verify my site using the usual Analytics-code technique.

Vern Keenan
http://www.berkeleylogic.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm
The best way to put google analytics code is use build in template feature which you can find in template options. You need to paste only tracking code so only UA-XXXXX number, if you need more help this is also described on our wiki - wiki.gavick.com
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:37 am
Hello bkrztuk

You refer to the wiki about features, but I also added the rule cf this wiki.
Still Analytics cann't find the code. I checked and doublechecked the url and the code.

No results.

Regards
Frank
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:36 am
Google need some time to track any results from your site, please wait 24 hours. If the code can't be detected please send me admin details via PM - I'll check the configuration.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 pm
Hi, I have the same problem. I waited two days but analytics does not appear

http://www.sismaterremoto.it
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:08 am
Are you sure you paste proper code so only UA-XXXX number ? Could you show me your site URL, I want to check in source whether the code is loaded.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:16 pm
Hello, now it works! Before was not working so I uploaded as HTML form, google has occurred, and now also works by inserting UA-XXXXX. The site was what I posted. Thank you, best regards.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am
You can always open site source code and search for your code number - if you see the code at the end of the site that means that Google is still tracking and display result after some time.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.