Performance Enhancements

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 am
Report this post
Hi!
I am trying to speed up my site loading time, and have enabled Gzip, and Cache. Here are the issues experienced.

1) Gzip: Even though it has been turned on at Global Config->Server, every web-page analysis tool still points to it being turned off.

2) Cache: When enabled, the "Log In With Facebook button shows up next to the Log In button on the Log In (page). I've tried enabling/disabling the 3 (GK) cache plugins in every possible combination, but I still get this error.

Any suggestions on the Gzip, and Cache issues?
Could you please advise on how how the Cache is supposed to be configured under the Bluap template (which plugin(s) get enabled, File or Cache_Lite at the Global Config, and CacheTime/SessionLifetime)?

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm
Report this post
Hello,

1. Please make sure that your server supports gzip compression

2. Please make sure that the GK Cache plugin is running before the system cache plugin and additionally please remember to disable the GK ExtCache plugin if it is enabled.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 pm
Report this post
Nice, that did it!
Thanks again!
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.