Adding an external link as a submenu item

If you are planning to organize any conference or festival, there are many ways to get help via our forum.
GK User
Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:01 pm
Hi,

How do I add a link to an external PDF as a submenu item on the navigation bar? I know how to add pages as menu/submenu items in Appearance > Menus, but how about if I want to add say an Agenda as a submenu item and the link to the agenda goes to an external PDF hosted somewhere else?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 pm
Hi,

I don't understand the issue, please upload your pdf file and add a menu item (with custom URL) and add your pdf source as URL.

GK User
Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:20 am
Hi,

I sent a private message.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:46 am
Please go to Appearance -> Menu -> Your main menu and on the sidebar you should see Custom Links (if it's not visible please click Screen Options button and enable it), now you can add a Link Text i.e. "My PDF" and as a URL add your pdf address i.e. https://other-server/mypdf.pdf

GK User
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:20 pm
That's it! Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:24 pm
And if I wanted the link to open as a separate tab, is there an option for that? Where can I add target="_blank"?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 pm
Please click "Screen Options" and enable "Link Target" option, then you should see "Open link in a new window/tab" option in your menu items.

GK User
Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:40 am
Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.