Add a extrafield in " K2 » Latest items from"

GK User
Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:43 pm
Greetings,

We implement your demo agenda in our website:

http://simposiodemarketing.com/index.ph ... franja2016

But we want add a new k2 "extra field". By default show the extra field called: " Hours" but we want add the extra field called " Speaker ".

We already check in menu k2 options, I check in k2 extra fields, in categories etc but I dont see where I can add the extra field that I need.

Thanks for your help

Johan
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:03 am
Hi

I'm not sure if I understand. Do You need to ask an extrafield in K2 ? Simply go to Component -> K2 -> Extra Fields -> New. Just make sure to select the same group rest of the extrafields are from. Each category can use only one extrafields group.

GK User
Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:27 pm
Ok, sorry. I must send you a image for explain me better.

Please check the attach. The demo shows the extrafield: "Hours"

I need show one or two extrafields. For example: Speaker or twitter below the extrafield "hours"

Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:24 am
Hi.. I need this solution too ;)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:17 am
Hi

"speakers" K2 subtemplate is already prepared to show extrafields. You just need to enable it for Category Item Layout in K2 category settings. Also "speakers" K2 subtemplate needs to be selected.

GK User
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:41 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

"speakers" K2 subtemplate is already prepared to show extrafields. You just need to enable it for Category Item Layout in K2 category settings. Also "speakers" K2 subtemplate needs to be selected.

Thanks for your help but where I add the new extrafieds?

Check the image please,
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm
Hi

This is more of a question for K2 or a quick look into their documentation.

In short. Check which extrafields group has this category from Your screen attached. Than go to this extrafields group and start adding new fields.

GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:18 pm
Thanks for your help but sorry. You don't anwer our question or I dont undestand you.

1) How you put the extra field "Hours" in template demo?

2) How can I add the extrafield called "Speaker" below your extrafield "Hours". I don't need create it because you create it previously in your demo. I only need show more extrafields.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:51 am
Hi

Please look at my screens: if You will use "speakers" k2 subtemplate than all extrafields will be shown. On screens there are 3 extra fields filled in K2 item and all of them are displaying. If You will add a new extra fields it will be shown as well. Just make sure this extrafield is added to the group the category You wish to show it in is using.

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:45 pm
Thanks, it's correct, in article view we can see the extrafields BUT my question is about agenda like I wrote in the first post:

1) How you put the extra field "Hours" in AGENDA demo?

http://simposiodemarketing.com/index.ph ... franja2016

2) How can I add the extrafield called "Speaker" below your extrafield "Hours". I don't need create it because you create it previously in your AGENDA demo. I only need show more extrafields.

Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:05 pm
Hi

Agenda is using latest items layout with k2 subtemplate "events". You will not be able to show more extrafields there since it's prepared to show only hours and is pointing to it via this extrafield alias. Use category layout from "speakers" subtemplate. In this subtemplate any extrafield will be shown.

"Speaker" extrafield belongs to "Speakers" extrafiels group. Simply move it to "events" extrafield group, becuase from what I can see You are trying to display this exact elements.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.