gkSocials not working

GK User
Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:42 pm
Hi, creating (yet another) site with Gavick template.
This time it is the Events template.

I'm running into the issue that the Social GK5 module is showing incorrect on this template where it shows correct on other template (on same site)....

I'm using last version of Socials GK5 (= ver. 1.2.5)

I have configured module conform quickstart.
I have set module to show only on two pages: http://www.hrtop100.nl/hrtop100event
Where the tweets are shown but without data
Selection_047.png

and here: http://www.hrtop100.nl/testtwitter (same module! other template) where the tweets are shown with data (looks like crap but that is because the module has all css settings for Events template)
Selection_048.png

So where does this go wrong?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:20 am
Hi

I'm afraid I will need to ask You to replace our module Social GK5 with a different one. Social site's API has changed recently and our solution may be outdated because of that. Would be easier and safer to use a different solution till we will come up with updates. Sorry.

GK User
Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 am
thanks for your reply. what I do not understand is that in the example I gave it is one site, two templates.
It also works on the demo site as far as I can see, so not 'conviced' this is twitter api related
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:46 am
Hi

It does work since social media cannot make a big changes in case an outdated extensions will try to show it, but it does not support all the newest features and in some cases, with specific configuration may not react at all. It's a lot safer to use a different extension.

GK User
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 am
Please let somebody know at gavick that one of the key selling points is the plugins and modules that make the templates stand out from competition.

This will set me back a lot of time because I have to look for other module and try to make that integrate into the gavick template...

This is not good :(
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 am
Hi

I apologise for that. Will inform programmers to update it or remove it, because it's confusing right now.

GK User
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:14 am
Thanks!
I don't think removing is an option as it is 'integrated' part of all your templates:)
but then again, I am just a customer, not a developer :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 am
Hi

It's one of our free extensions which requires constant monitoring because of so many changes to social API. But I had an answer from programmers that they will check all the recent changes and update it soon.

GK User
Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 am
TOP!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:43 pm
Hi

Please keep an eye on this page https://www.gavick.com/index.php?filter ... Itemid=399 an update will be announced there. I'm closing this thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.