Search module not working Events

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:27 am
Hi Gavick

I've added a search module to Main Menu in Events using Modules Anywhere (eg Extensions > Module manager > New > Search as the module type. Menus > Main menu > Add new Menu item type: System link > Text separator > Title {module 107} )

Search doesn't appear to work at all if utilising from homepage. I've also placed the search in header and other template areas and also fails so I don't think specific to Main_Menu placement. I am not seeing any error messages even with error reporting to Maximum. Pressing enter does nothing; I see # in linking.

Search does appear to function correctly from subpages. And works well at direct URL of:
http://www.elemental-strategy.com/index ... nt/search/

Site: http://www.elemental-strategy.com
I have also tested Smart Search and 3rd party extension RSSearch and results the same at pressing enter - not working.

Any idea why this is failing? Thank you ;)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 01, 2016 5:50 pm
Hi

Component is disabled for homepage. You need to add Search results type page to menu, so when search will be used results will be displayed there.

GK User
Wed May 04, 2016 1:53 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Component is disabled for homepage. You need to add Search results type page to menu, so when search will be used results will be displayed there.

Thank you teitbite for the reply ;)

I'm not sure where to enable component for homepage. I don't see 'Search' under Component in backend menu. However, if I go Components / Options / Search I do see the following options:
but nothing to enable. I am using Search Module and it is assigned to Pages: All.

Can you explain how, "add Search results type page to menu, so when search will be used results will be displayed there."

Thank you so much.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 pm
Hi

1. Go to menu manager. Select one of the menus or make a new one, it will display anywhere, so it can be a dummy one.

2. Add new menu option and select "Search Form or Search Results" as it's type.

That's all.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.