URGENT: How to correcty update the template.

GK User
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:47 am
Hi friends at GK, hope you will be able to help me quite speedy with this issue, much appreciated in advance.
The question is: what is the correct procedure to update a template from an old version to the latest one you have released (without srewing up everything??).

Assume this scenario:

You have a production site with GK Events installed (template version 2.0.1 if I recall it correctly) and want to update the template to the latest released version, which I see is 3.21, supporting Joomla 3.6.x

How do I do that ? Is there a walkthru procedure to do that ? Do I download any update package and simply install it over the existing Joomla installation ? Will this "reset" all that I changed to the defults ?

Ideally, I'd like to do the update and keep everything working and unchanged.

Thank-you very much, as said this is quite urgent for us!

Kind Regards, AG
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:02 am
Hi folks, I hope you'll be able to help me on the above. Thanks again. Regards AG
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:31 am
Hi

In template download section You will only find the latest template version possible. Than just use a list of recently changed files https://www.gavick.com/index.php?filter ... Itemid=399 and replace this files only.

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:02 pm
Hello,
quickstart default when you install 3.3.1 then install the update joomla 3.6 template generates an error when changing tabs module :? .
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:52 pm
Hi

Error 1064 means that a source is not selected correctly. Please check every NSP module and in source options check if it's pulling articled from a correct category or is not set to show a removed article by it's ID. Check also order options and resave configuration.

GK User
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:36 pm
I didn't understand how to update the template, I have now the oldest version of john's, 3.19, I want to update to 3.21.1 without losing all the website, how can I do it? should I browse every update available after 3.19 and look which files were changed and rewrite that files? it sounds wrong. any help?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm
Hi

You should do that the way You have mentioned it ONLY if You have made some changes to template's files and do not remember which files was it.

If You are using template as it came simply use FTP. Rename /templates/gk_john to /templates/_gk_john and upload this folder from unzipped package from template's download area.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.