Frontpage tabs only work with exactly 4 events per day. :/

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:41 pm
Hi,

I'm loving this template, which is much higher quality than most I have tried .... but I am frustrated by the Tabs on the front page (position: top1). They appear to be one of those features that look pretty in the demo, but aren't useable in the the real world. You have to have exactly 4 events in a given day. No more, no less. If you have less than this, events from the next day spill into the same block of 4 - causing confusion. i.e. there are no blank boxes inserted. If you have more than this, the events spill into the next day, or if there is no next day, don't show at all.

https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/events/

My event is typical and has 6 events on the 1st day and 3 events on the 2nd day.

Do you know of a solution to make this workable?

Thanks,

Nick.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:21 pm
hey nick, i am not shure if i could help you,
but i do not have the similar problem.
look at this site: http://theaterbrasil.com/
in my case it works fine. i have cofigured in another way,
in my case i show in the tabs the different days of a month.
so some month have 1 event some 2 or more.
it works fine.

i do have configured like following:
in the -> extensions->modul manager ->
select modul "mod_tabs_gk5" there i do have tabs for each month
there under TABS you have to assign a modul position (fore example "tab1") in each tab under "content".

in the -> extensions->modul manager ->
U have to generate a new modul (Modul: News Show Pro GK5) for each tab shown in the frontpage (position: top1). in each of this modules under "data source" you have to assign the source for the articles in K2 Categories (in my case a month)

then under "components -> k2 -> categoriers" you have to generate a categorie maybe also a undercategorie
generate then under "components -> k2 -> items" all your items you like to show in the TAB-possition
for each K2-Item you have to assing a category
thats it.
all your K2-Article will be shown in the TAB you have assigned.
if it is just one, so it shows just one
greetings
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:10 pm
Hi

@sidewaysnick please show me Your site and send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:03 pm
Thank you wernabazi, I'll try to replicate your solution and let you know how I get on!

Thank you for getting back to me teitbite, I have sent a private message with the location of my admin panel.

Thanks,

Nick.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:58 pm
Hi

Thanks for the url, but I do not know password to any of default accounts. You need to create a new access for me or change a passowrd to one of this logins.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.