multi language menu and main menu position

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 pm
Good day, I'm trying to set the Event Template as multi language site. I istalled jommla 3.0 as multi language .
in menu manager there is the main menu and 2 menus in 2 different language. all the home page are setted as default. how can I show the specific menu in the specific language? is the mainmenu position active? the language switcher can be added to the specific menu? many tks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am
HI

Make a copy of template style, than attach this template style to a different language and select a proper menu for it in menu settings section.

GK User
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:38 pm
Does this also go for the hotel template when setting up multi language? Do I need to copy templates for each additional language?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:01 pm
Hi

It will work for any of our templates and I find it the easiest solution. You can also use Falang component to translate menu entries directly.

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am
Hello all,

I am also using the Event Manager template as a multi language joomla website in german and english at http://www.mimf.at.

I need a language switcher between german and english language

1) at the main menu
2) at the top of the landing page. INSTEAD of the LOGO.

I do NOT need any translation functionality! Only a language switcher.

Can I use the joomla basic functionality to add a language switcher OR is there any third party extension for such a functionality?
It is essential to do it this why rather than use a copy of the website as posted earlier in this form.

Thanks for your help ina dvance:)

Kind regards
Meinrad
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm
Hi

You can use joomla language switcher, but it has some requirements. To know if Your site meets them all in module's list in joomla panel switch to administrator modules and enable using Multilanguage module it will tell You if it works correctly or if adjustments are needed.

Adding module position for language module is described here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... her-module

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.