Paralinks, Thumbnails & Social Icons

January 2012 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 am
I am working on a website (http://www.midliferises.com/test2) and am using the WP Game theme. I have a few questions:

1. Why does a "Permalinks" link always appear at the top of every post/page? How do i disable this? (See Attachment 1)
Screen-Shot-2015-10-05-at-11.01.07-PM.jpg

2. How can I control the cropping of the images for thumbnails? When I upload an image the theme "auto-crops" to generate thumbnails. However some images are too small and the "auto-crop" makes the image appear off center. My only solution was to manually crop them in PhotoShop to the proper dimensions of the thumbs and replace the "image cache" thumbnail via FTP. However the cache resets and the image is "re-cropped" making it off center again. (See Attachment 2)
Screen-Shot-2015-10-05-at-11.01.41-PM.jpg

3. How can I add a gk-social CSS tag for Pinterest? and add it to this bottom HTML widget? (See Attachment 3).
Screen-Shot-2015-10-05-at-11.09.47-PM.jpg

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!! :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:13 pm
Hi,

Regarding your issues:
1. You can disable it for all posts/pages by adding the following custom css code:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... -wordpress
Code: Select all
.gk-meta-post .bookmark {
   display: none;
}

2. These images are generated by NSP widget, please go to this widget settings, on the article layout tab you can specify the image size (decrease these values and should be ok).

3. Please edit bottom1 text widget with the icons source code and add the following line:
<a href="pinterest url" target="_blank" class="gk-pinterest">pinterest.com/xxx</a>

Now you have to add this custom css code:
.gk-social a.gk-pinterest:before {
   color: #f16261;
   content: "\f0d2";
}

please replace also the color value with the pinterest icon color.

GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 am
Is there an option to put the gk social api section after the article's content, so it would be displayed below the article and not below the featured image?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:06 am
It's possible, but it requires modifications of theme files - unfortunately this kind of customization is beyond our technical support.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.