Image Show GK4 not showing images anymore

Easily add amazing slideshow to your Joomla website with free Image Show module and manage them using slide manager
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:44 pm
I am using the the World News template and had an image gallery using Image Show GK4 on the frontpage. Using Sporter2 style in the backend, the gallery was using 9 pictures.

The 9 pictures are stored in /public_html/images/stories folder and are named minigal1.jpg through minigal9.jpg. These pictures are optimized and are less than 50k each.

When we needed to update the gallery that we do each week, we simply overwrite the 9 images with the new ones having the same file names. Then in the backend, we simply update the picture title and description and it has always worked.

However, yesterday we replaced the 9 pictures with the same filenames but now no pictures are showing in the frontend. They are all broken thumbnail links.

I have checked the filenames, recreated those pictures and uploaded it again in the same folder but the pictures just don't show anymore on the web. (see attached file 19k).

Really need help in resolving this. I will be glad to provide the backend info if needed.

I have a feeling this has something to do with file permission and the cache folder but don't know for sure. All I can say that nothing has changed in the directory permission setting. All other things work just fine.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension but that hasn't helped.

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 pm
Hi

Can You show me Your site ?

GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm
Sure. The site is www.patnadaily.com. To see the module, please log in as gavick (password: gavick). The module only appears on the front page in the 'bottom' position.

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 pm
Hi

Just like I thought. Images are not being taken from a folder where You upload it, but from a module cache http://www.patnadaily.com/modules/mod_i ... gk4/cache/

Try clean cache for this module it should generate images one more time.

GK User
Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 pm
Thanks for your reply. I had done that in the past but just did it again by cleaning the cache and deleting the expired cache from Joomla backend but it's still not working.

Earlier, I also manually deleted all the files from the cache folder using FTP but that also hasn't helped.

I am thinking that somehow the cache folder permission has got messed up. Can you tell me what setting the cache folder should be?

Currently, the folder /public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache has a permission of 757.

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:50 pm
HI

This is not exacly how this module should work, that images are being overwritten. Have You tried to add it via slide adding functionality? Maby images were in a different compression or something.

Permissions depends form server, but 755 should work on most of them.

GK User
Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm
Hi Teitbite, I have done that too but to no avail. Before I posted this issue, I had tried that too after unistalling and reinstalling the extension.

If you wish, I can provide you the backend info (through private email) so you can login for yourself and hopefully find out what is causing this problem.

I really appreciate your help.

Sunil Sinha
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 pm
Just tried with a different sets of pictures to see if somehow the compressions of the previous pictures were different but that also didn't help. :S
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:13 pm
Hi

Yes please send it to me. Maby if I see backend than something comes to me.

GK User
Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 pm
Hi, just sent you the backend info to your personal email (Gmail) account.

Thanks,

Sunil Sinha
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 am
Hi

Got bad news. The issue is bigger than I thought. It looks like a joomla modalbox to select images is using wrong paths and images are not being loaded at all. Module script cannot process this broken paths because there is no image there so nothing is shown. Unfortunately I do not know how to fix it. But maby You recall if there were no changes made which can occure with image path look like this: http://www.patnadaily.com/images/storie ... irport.jpg

GK User
Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Hmm... I am at a complete loss. Don't know what to do next. Anyone has any idea what could be causing it? All other modules involving images are working fine.

Thanks Teitbite for the help. Please let me know if you think of anything else.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 am
I have the same problem with "Black & White" template quick installation.

Im going crazy, i emailed Gavick and they said that in order for them to help me i have to pay the developer licence... this is bad because i only will use this site... and have no support and no installation instructions... Have you find a solution for it? i will really aprciatte if you let me know, and your help.

Thank you
Leo
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Hi

Sorry. I got unsubscribed from this thread by accident. Is your issue solved or do you still require my help? I believe one of the updates from that time should have helped for this problem.

GK User
Fri May 04, 2012 6:46 pm
I have the same problem but i found the cause. I install "Simple Image Gallery (by JoomlaWorks)" and this is the reason why image not showing anymore. After i disable the plugin the "Image Show GK4" is working.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 05, 2012 3:43 pm
Hi

That's really odd. I'm using this 2 extentions nonstop and had no such problem. Most likely it was about a jQuery version used with SIG. If I'm not mistaken You should be able to choose a different JQuery in plugin settings or replace this library to mootools which are more compatible with joomla.

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 3:48 pm
Odd indeed, now it is working with both plugin enabled.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm
Hi

So maby it was a cache issue indeed or what matter was an order of javascripts. Ok, good it's working right now :)

GK User
Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 am
Hello I just installed 3 times Black & White and the slider pictures are not showing.

I did everything above and still nothing.

I have a PHP tmp directory "warning" on joomla, does anyone knows if this is related?

I am looking for a solution. Please if anyone can help me i will really appreciate it.

Thank you
Lea
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 pm
Hi

/tmp folder is where module package got extracted and can be installed as application. Check if path is correct and if this folder's permissions are set as writable. Please check if that is not the problem and show me Your site if not.

GK User
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am
I try to chmode directory /modules/mod_image_show_gk4/cache to 777 and it works for me
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am
Hi

Ok. Good to hear that :)

teitbite
Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:22 pm
Hi

Can You please send me an access to Your joomla panel ?

GK User
Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 am
Same problem with Image Show Pro GK4. When images replaced via ftp there is no changes of images on slide show. Cache clean up from module does not help. Although everything is alright if open in another browser, so it is cache problem of browsers itself.

But it does not solve the problem itself as when we change images users must see them. Some solution required in future versions.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 19, 2013 5:04 pm
Hi

Images needs to be reprocessed according to module settings, so overwritting via ftp may not always work. I advice using module configuration.

GK User
Fri May 22, 2015 4:03 pm
Hello,
I've the same problem, I've tried all the possibilities in this forum but no one seems to work for me.
I believe that the fix should be easy, could you please help me.
Regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 23, 2015 1:59 pm
ValeWeb wrote:Hello,
I've the same problem, I've tried all the possibilities in this forum but no one seems to work for me.
I believe that the fix should be easy, could you please help me.
Regards

Fixed once disabled virtuemart.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 24, 2015 1:21 pm
Hi

Interesting solution. If You will need me to take a look at this please "break" it again and send me an access to joomla panel so I'll be able to check.

GK User
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:56 am
Hello , I have the same problem on my site . Image show is loading and the two modules of news show pro gk5 does not flow between the products.

My site is http://www.integratoriperlosport.it/
there is some problem in javascript ? how i can fix? i have alredy removed e reinstalled gk4.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:02 am
Hi

Can You please tell me @zonawellness what is the problem exactly ? Everything looks to be working fine: http://g.recordit.co/lfauPyTYca.gif Maybe You just need to clear cache to refresh some files to make it work.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.