Can't Install Any Extensions - Screen Goes Blank

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:07 pm
Report this post
I just installed the Mo theme on http://bernardrosenson.org/. Unfortunately, I am unable to install any extensions. When I try, the screen just goes blank. Please help.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am
Report this post
Hi

Please set errors showing level to maximum to see the message of what is wrong. You can rise it in global configuration for joomla or in php.ini file.

GK User
Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm
Report this post
Thank you. Here is the error I am getting when trying to upload an extension:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/a54698101/public_html/bernardrosenson.org/libraries/joomla/archive/zip.php on line 623

Please advise.

David
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:08 pm
Report this post
Anyone?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 pm
Report this post
Hi

In my joomla installation this file is much longer than 623 lines. So I believe it was corrupted during installation (hacking attempt is also possible, so I would recommend to check Your site).

Replace this file /public_html/bernardrosenson.org/libraries/joomla/archive/zip.php witht he one attached. It's from a clean joomla installation.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.