What's the story with PixelLove icons?

January 2013 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri May 23, 2014 7:58 pm
Report this post
Hi - I have tested the css responsible for displaying the PixelLove icons, and found several icons not displaying properly:
.icon-calendar:before { content: "f"; }
.icon-user:before { content: "w"; }
.icon-rating:before { content: "s"; }
.icon-tag:before { content: "u"; }
.icon-hits:before { content: "o"; }
.icon-folder:before { content: "m"; }

also: what if I want to display additional icons as per PL website: are you not providing the entire collection (like fontawesome) because of some sort of arrangement, or are the other icons available in other templates (and if so, how can I transfer it? I'm noticing that you have rendered the font/icons, so only certain characters are included within the font collection)

Please advise - thanks,
AZ
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 27, 2014 6:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

Pixelove was made before fontawsome was created, that's why it doesn't support it. Please show me example of the missing icons on a live site.

teitbite
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template/theme settings.

Code: Select all
.gk-icon-search:before {
    content="\f002";
    font-family: fontawesome;
}

.gk-icon-cart-add:before {
    content: "\f07a";
    font-family: fontawesome;
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.