Analytics outside head tag

October 2015 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:28 pm
Report this post
Hi,
my template New News puts analytics code immediately after the head closing tag.
So google tells me it's an error and I would really solve it...

If I inspect the page source (ctrl+u) it's just after the </head> tag....

Help, please...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:09 am
Report this post
Hi

How have You added it ? Template feature for that purpose is surely adding it between <head></head>. Try remove it and add manually into /layout/head.php to see if it's not because of some other validation issue.

GK User
Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:19 am
Report this post
I added it through your template features tab.
After upgrading to 3.6.4 it shows no more the rule after the field analytics, but if I try to add it again (my analytics code) it says "specified rule exists on your list" in a popup.
See image.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
Report this post
I checked head.php and no analytics script is present. I found it in default php immediately after </head> and moved up before it.
Anyway, it is still not visible in the features tabs, like the image I sent.
Maybe upgrading process changed something, I don't know...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hi

What I meant in my last post is to ignore the feature in template's configuration and copy analitics code generated by GA site directly to /layout/blocks/head.php

I think there were some recent changes to GA code, so template's feature may be outdated. I'll report that to programmers and meanwhile add it manually.

GK User
Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 am
Report this post
ok thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:02 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've learned from programmers that what I've adviced is the best solution since GA plans to add more changes to it, so the adjustment to template needs to wait.

GK User
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 pm
Report this post
Hi
I have used a plugin for this, but i'd like to report this issue with News template as GA code doesn't seem to work with this template.

Once I added the GA Code, I can't see the code (So I can't delete and add new one)
If I tried to add new one, I will hit the same issue: "specified rule exists on your list"

I can confirm that the code is there, however when I view RealTime in Google Analytic Admin, I don't see any traffic there.
I have checked that the front page loaded with correct UA-xxxx
I have saved the Template Configuration to json file and UA-xxx is saved there
I have checked the source code of the Template Setting page and it does load UA-xxx but it just doesn't show up on the interface
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:05 pm
Report this post
Hi

Have You disabled template's GA code first ? What plugin have You used ? Please tell me the url to Your site, so I'll check.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.