Newsletter popup module not closing

October 2015 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:01 pm
Report this post
Hi!
I want to use the newsletter module but it don't close when the user clicks the X button.
How can I fix this?

Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please try solution presented here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/hotel/new ... se#p261566

GK User
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am
Report this post
Thanks! Now the popup closes, but after it closes reappears on the next page ...
I guess I'll have to program it myself, but this would be nice to work with the template with its own cookies settings.

Thanks again!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:00 am
Report this post
Hello
Has this been fixed?
The popup always comes out, it seems that it does not save the cookies
Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:51 pm
Report this post
Tumas wrote:Thanks! Now the popup closes, but after it closes reappears on the next page ...
I guess I'll have to program it myself, but this would be nice to work with the template with its own cookies settings.

Thanks again!

If you solve it, can you tell us what to do?
It seems that Gavick have no solution ...
regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:10 pm
Report this post
ajcassa wrote:
Tumas wrote:Thanks! Now the popup closes, but after it closes reappears on the next page ...

Thanks again!

regards

Yes, it seems that Gavick have no solution...
Finally I developed my own module with jQuery
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:20 pm
Report this post
Tumas wrote:
ajcassa wrote:

Thanks again!

regards

Yes, it seems that Gavick have no solution...
Finally I developed my own module with jQuery

Very good Gavick, congratulations! :ohmy:

Is this module private or can you share it?

regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm
Report this post
I can share it by private message
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:07 pm
Report this post
Hi

What's the problem exactly. Just the close button isn't working or is there something more to it ? Are You using latest versiosn of the template ? Can I please see an example of this problem ?

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:15 am
Report this post
Hi! As I explain in the first posts, the popup don't close.
After the arrangement that you have passed me, the popup closes, but reappears on the next page...

Yes, I am using the latest version of the template, which is also full of bugs ... Newsletter Popup, Cookie Warning and Google Analytics don't work in this template...

GK User
Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

What's the problem exactly. Just the close button isn't working or is there something more to it ? Are You using latest versiosn of the template ? Can I please see an example of this problem ?

The problem is that cookies do not work.
I have the newsletter activated, you use it to sign up for the newsletter, and when you enter the message comes back out.
This problem has been reported many times in the forum ...
We understand that this needs a solution.
regards
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:30 pm
Report this post
Hi

@Guest Cookie warning plugin we were using does not exists anymore, I've already reported it and a replacement is in programmers schedule. Google Analytics has changed their API couple of times during last months, we are waiting for a final version so changes can be made in this area, but I would advice an old-school approach to use the code generated on GA site and copy it to /layout/blocks/head.php which handles <head></head> commands.

Newsletter popup is much more complicated. I know there are reports of this not working on some pages, but there are also sites where there is functionality issue. Please one of You @Guest or @ajcassa send me an access to ftp and joomla panel to the site where You have this problem so I'll be able to test what is wrong exactly. It works ok on my private server and on a Gavick's server, so I will need an environment for testing and fix.

Please use my private email [email protected] and do not forget to add a link to this thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.