What's new in refrehed version of NEWS Joomla template?

October 2015 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.00 on the average.3.00 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
Robert Gavick
Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:47 pm
Report this post
Hi Guys,

In last time we published refreshed version of the NEWS template for Joomla 3.x.
It includes these changes:

* Refreshed design
* Full NSP GK5 support
* 2 new portal modes - new news header & new news slider
* Added Font Awesome support
* Menu bar with fixed position
* New mobile menu
* RSS icon replaced with social menu icon
* New cookie banner
* New newsletter banner
* Support for light social sharing icons
* Improvements in the template back-end
* Added support for Font Awesome instead old graphic badges
* Improved support for the retina displays (SVG)
* Rebuild module positions

See it in action here: https://demo.gavick.com/joomla3/news/
Download it right now: https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-themes/news
Administrator

GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:14 pm
Report this post
Hi I have an existing site using an older version of "News" including my own customisation. If I buy the new "News" and update the template automatically, will it revert to the new look that you have created or will all my existing customisations stay in place?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm
Report this post
I have the same concern, I would like the new features but prefer the "look" of the old template.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 am
Report this post
Hello,

I would like to affirm the sentiment of the other responders, the News is the only template that I have used among the Gavick Joomla templates. I bought a lifetime membership hoping that there will be more full News versions. This did not happen, but I was satisfied with the existing versions.

I have made drastic revisions using the second version, and used them in a number of sites, with this as samples:

News Revision B == this is a prototype only, to be modified more appropriately for the focus of the site.

News Revision C -- I have just started to revise this last year, and took advantage of many features unique to the Gavick modularized template creation.

The main slideshow at the top use different modules specifically created by Gavick.

They are based mainly with Joomla and I removed all the K2 modules, to adopt the News template to a less intensive and more focused site that is modestly managed and updated.

My expectation was that at least Gavick would keep them updated.

I was hoping that Gavick will reconsider and will update this version also to the succeeding versions of Joomla, Joomla 3.6.

Thanks.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 am
Report this post
With ecommerce stores gaining so much popularity, one must have a website that doesn’t take long to load and offers plenty of functionalities. If your website doesn’t provide enhanced functionalities, the number of cart abandonments is sure to rise. AppJetty’s premium Wordpress plugins have clean coding structure and attractive features and are easy to use.

Whenever a new version of WordPress is released, the team of AppJetty’s developers update plugins, fixes bugs and add different features to keep up with the latest ecommerce trends. We can also help you with designing and updating your WordPress website. By using our add-ons, you will not only be able to improve the appearance of your ecommerce store, but also provide better functionality to your customers. If you want to check the quality of our products, you can try installing some of the free Wordpress plugins offered by us. Your search for affordable WordPress plugins, ends here.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.