How to replace joomla blog layout page with NSP module

December 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri May 06, 2016 4:24 am
Report this post
Hello,

I love how the NSP modules preview content on my website (http://www.thechristianbeat.org/ - see "new stories" "new videos" etc). I was hoping to do away with the standard joomla blog layout on category pages (example: http://www.thechristianbeat.org/index.php/news) and instead have the category page just display a NSP module. It sounded simple enough, but when I assign a NSP module to "news" for example, it displays the module on all news item pages and not just the root category page. Is it possible to have the module act as a category page and only be displayed on the category page and not on all individual news items of that category as well?

Thanks so much!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 08, 2016 1:47 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try simply publish NSP module in "mainbody" module position. This should replace component with module.

Some pages cannot use this feature, so also using "mainbody_bottom" module postition and setting in category options to show 0 articles should do the trick.

GK User
Sat May 14, 2016 8:52 pm
Report this post
Hey there,

Thanks for the help! I tried assigning it to mainbody and it didn't show up anywhere, so I instead tried the mainbody_bottom. My issue is that when I assign it to "news" under main menu options, it appears on all news articles and not just on the news category page. Any way to just have the module appear on (http://www.thechristianbeat.org/index.php/news) and not on every news item page too?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid this is how joomla works, but there is extension called Advanced Module Manager where You can extend publishing option to ctegory or item layout only.

GK User
Tue May 17, 2016 6:05 pm
Report this post
Hey there,

Thanks for the reply! The Advanced Module Manager did the trick!

The only issue I ran into is pagination does not appear.
For example: http://www.thechristianbeat.org/index.php/news
I have it set to display 6 rows of stories with pagination so readers can flip to older stories as well, but the pagination does not display?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 20, 2016 2:30 pm
Report this post
Hi

I cannot check website currently. There is a message "The web service to this account has been limited temporarily!" when I follow Your link. Please let me know when site will be live again.

GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 pm
Report this post
I apologize for the delay. The site is back up and running!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 22, 2016 10:47 am
Report this post
Hi

I can see Your site now, but please tell me which module You have in mind. I can see couple, but the ones set to multiple pages has pagination already.

GK User
Sun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm
Report this post
For example, on the news page (http://www.thechristianbeat.org/index.php/news), the module titled Latest News with the 6 rows of content... I'd like at the bottom of the module for there to be arrows so readers can load older stories as well. Page 1, page 2, page 3 etc similar to the option in joomla blog layout.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 am
Report this post
Hi

I can see it now, but it doesn't looks to be configured to use pages yet, so please send me an access to joomla panel and I'll change it so You will be able to use it's settings as examples.

GK User
Tue May 24, 2016 8:24 pm
Report this post
Thanks for offering to help with this. I have supplied login info via private message.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 25, 2016 12:56 pm
Report this post
Hi

I have used "News" menu item to show an example for You.

1. Create NSP GK5 module, configure it to show articles from category News and to display only on News page in "mainbody_bottom" module position.

2. In menu item settings select category layout, but hide showing all article.

3. Create a custom html module with content:

Code: Select all
<style type="text/css">
.nomainbody #gkMainbodyBottom { display: none; }
</style>

Module should be attached to any page You wish to replace content with module and used only on article layout. This will hide NSP module when looking at article.

GK User
Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm
Report this post
Hi there,

I appreciate your continued help! When I created the custom HTML module and made it public, it made the NSP module disappear. In any case, I have already solved the issue of having the NSP module only appear on the category page and not on individual articles, thanks to the advanced menu manager you suggested.

My issue is the pagination. I am trying to get arrows like the ones seen in attachment to display at the bottom of the NSP module on News category page.

Thanks again!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 29, 2016 9:13 am
Report this post
I’m afraid that modifications such as this require extensive changes to the theme’s code; I do apologize but such large changes are custom work that are beyond the scope of our technical support.

GK User
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:38 am
Report this post
No worries, thanks for the info!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:07 am
Report this post
Hi

Sorry I cannot help more. I'm closing this thread for now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.