Images in Module News Show Pro GK5 do not appear

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:41 am
Report this post
Hi,

I used News Show Pro GK5 to show articles in the homepage but sometimes images do not appear. Then I have to log in the administrator panel and clear cache, the images appear again. Please see attached screenshot.

images do not appear.jpg

This problem happens many times. Can you tell me what is the reason and how to solve it?

In other page, I show the articles in category blog layout and the problem does not happen, images always appear.

Thank you and regrads,

Hai
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:03 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I want to add some more information so that you can find a solution. When I click right mouse on an image that does not appear and click "Open image in new tab", the image does not appear and the browser says "cannot find the page". The link in the browser address has the word "cache". For examples: /modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/cache/cgl-tongquynh.tac_dung_chua_benh_cua_chim_bo_cau.tac_dung_chua_benh_cua_chim_bo_caunsp-870.jpg

Infact, the image is at following link: /images/cgl-mimeomi294/do_choi_an_toan_cho_be_1_tuoi/do_choi_an_toan_cho_be_1_tuoi_1.png

So it must relate to cache problem.

Please help me to solve it.

Thank you and regards,

Hai
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:26 am
Report this post
Hi,

I added some information so that you can understand my problem.

When the images cannot be displayed, I click right mouse to check the image allias and the link to the image is as follows:

http://mysite.comhttp/modules/mod_news_ ... _links.png

You see that there is the letters: "http" in the allias.

After about 10 minutes, I do not do anything in the administrator page and check it again, the image appear. I click right mouse to check the image allias and it is now:

http://mysite.com/modules/mod_news_pro_ ... _links.png

There is no letters "http" now.

So if I want the image to be displayed, I have to clear cache or wait for about 10 minutes.

At the moment, I set cache time of the module is 15 minutes. Is that the reason?

cache.jpg

Please review and help me to solve.

Hai
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:32 am
Report this post
Hi,

When I reduce cache time to 1 minute, there is a report in the module configuration check telling that "The specified cache time (<= 5min) can be too short and can cause slower page loading time due bigger CPU usage on the thumbnail creation."

Please consider and help me.

Thank you and regards,

Hai
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am
Report this post
Hi

It can be related with naming of the images, You are using Your language special characters, so it's possible that function creating or removing image from cache has problems with it. It's also possible that cpu time limit to to short on server, so there is not enough time to delete and than create. There could be many, many reasons. I would recommend to simply set option "Create thumbnail" to OFF and instead select more suitable image size from "Additional K2".

GK User
Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:44 pm
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

I change all characters to English so there can not be the reason of naming.

But maybe it is because of hosting.

I turn off thumbnail as you suggest and also change size of image at links layout by add css as follows:

.nspList>li .nspImage {

height: 85px;
width: 115px;

}

and it works well now.

So the "http" among the allias is also because of hosting problem?

And also, I am always kicked out of the administrator panel automatically. Is it because of hosting too? As sometimes I can work for a long time without being logged out.

Anyway, the image appearance is well now and if there is any more problem, I will ask you.

Thank you and regards,

Hai
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:58 am
Report this post
Hi

Great to hear images are ok now. Unfortunately I cannot tell about being kick out from administrator panel. This is not related with our products so You should talk to joomla developers. What I think can be a way how Your session is stored. Either it is a file or database try changing it to the other one and see. You will find this option in global joomla configuration.

GK User
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 am
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

Can you help me again with this issue?

As my website is slow, I have to use thumbnail to reduce image volume. But the same issue happens, the images do not appear. Like screenshot1.

[attachment=2]screenshot1.jpg[/attachment]

Then I have to set Cache Time to 1 but do not know if it helps. (screenshot2)

[attachment=1]screenshot2.jpg[/attachment]

I also turned on Jotcache, system cache... as screenshot3.

[attachment=0]screenshot3.jpg[/attachment]

Please help me to solve the problem.

Thank you,

Hai
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 am
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

Even when I set cache to 1 minute like I told, the problem still happens but it does not last long, when I refresh the second time, the images appear.

Do you think I have to put something in the .htaccess file. I read this article but do not know if it can work. https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/jo ... m#htaccess

Please help me to review.

Thank you,

Hai
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 pm
Report this post
Hi

This article is really good and it's a good idea, just remember that when You will need to replace the image or use an image with same name, You will need to make change to .htaccess every time You will need to refresh it.

The test You are making by setting cache to 1min may indicate that the problem is a connection. If site creates cache before images are loaded. You site works fast, but the amount of outside resources (social plugins, advertisments).

Finally, but in my opinion the most probably is that Lazy Load plugin is not working properly. This plugin is responsible for showing images when page scrolling reaches some point, but if there would be a glitch in it or some conflict making it not show at all. Exactly as You've discribed it. Try disable this plugin and test it than.

GK User
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:58 am
Report this post
Thank you Teitbite.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 am
Report this post
Hi

No problem, glad I could help.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.