Order problem with Highlights module (News Show Pro GK5)

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm
Report this post
Hello,

in the home page we use 3 News Show Pro GK5 module

Highlights
    Highlights - Right I
    Highlights - Right II

For these 3 modules
Source of articles : All K2 articles
News order : By order
News sort order : Ascending
And First news number :
    Highlights : 0
    Highlights - Right I : 1
    Highlights - Right II : 2
Show featured items : ON
Featured items only : ON

2017-03-20_13h17_49.jpg

2017-03-20_13h18_12.jpg

And we have here 4 articles featured.

2017-03-20_13h36_42.jpg

So we have article number 1 (in Highlights), number 2 (?), number 3 (in Highlights - Right I) and number 4 (Highlights - Right II).
The number 2 doesn't appears...!

https://www.cire.be

Why?

All caches are cleared several time.

What can we do to fix it ?

Thank you.
Regard.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please send me an access to Your site on my mail [email protected]

GK User
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:26 pm
Report this post
I sent your email with all connection information.

Thank you.
Regard.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm
Report this post
and ?...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've just visited Your site, but I'm guessing You have reduced the amount of featured articles to 3 so it will pick from those only. In that case I'm not able to check the issue. My guess would be that the problem is in ordering. In K2 You cannot just order by featured. Ordering is adding a physical number to article and this number is used. Most probably in Your previous situation You had same ordering values for couple of articles or they weren't in the order displayed in K2 articles lists at all.

My advice is that if You wish to display only those 3 articles You should all them by their ID.

GK User
Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:15 pm
Report this post
Ok, so it is a order by ID, right ?
You must be more precise in the doc !! We lose a lot of time with this !

So we inverse the order by putting "descending" in place of "ascending". And... error 1064 !

Code: Select all
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 2,1' at line 21 SQL=SELECT content.id AS id   FROM #__k2_items AS content WHERE content.published = 1 AND content.trash = 0 AND content.access IN (1,1) AND ( content.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_up <= '2017-03-26 21:06:59' ) AND ( content.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_down >= '2017-03-26 21:06:59' ) AND content.featured = 1 ORDER BY content. DESC LIMIT 2,1;
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

So again what is wrong with this module ?

And what is the option "by user imput" ? Can't find any documentation about that...

Thank you.
Regard.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:53 pm
Report this post
Hi

"by user imput" means to group by users.

Please take a look at this part "ORDER BY content. DESC". There is no ordering option selected in module or the one used is for a different source. Try change order option and see if it helps.

GK User
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm
Report this post
Hello,

5 days to get a answer. Whaw! Big score here!

Ok so in fact it is not possible to use order with K2 items ? The real order, not the ID order.

??

Regard.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:27 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm sorry, I answer as fast as I can, there is simply too many questions and we have limited staff.

It is possible to order by order. Please send me an access to Your joomla panel and I'll just set it for You. Please send it with an url to Your site and url to forum thread to my private email [email protected] this way I'll b able to get to it without a line.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.