Do not want to see the mainbody space in homepage

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm
Report this post
I know is a basic question, but now I can't find the answer. I need to unpublish articles in home page. I do this setting home menu item to Articles> Category blog, and setting all in 0 value, or setting menu item to Articles> Featured, and simply have no featured articles, but although I dont have articles, I always see the white space where items should go in mainbody. How I can remove the white bar?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please check in template settings. You should have an option to disable mainbody on frontpage there. If You will have problems to find it (I'm not sure if it's in all versions), than show me Your site.

GK User
Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:05 pm
Report this post
Hi, I can't see something for disable mainbody on frontpage in template settings. The template is v.3.8.
The site is www.danoi.cl/2013 (under construction)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:49 am
Report this post
Hi

In Your case I would use K2 Tools module and in it's custom code part add this:

Code: Select all
<style type="text/css">
#gkContent { display: none; }
</style>

than attach it to frontpage only. This way You will remove mainbody in frontpage only.

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 pm
Report this post
Perhaps I misunderstood. I created a new module of K2 tools and code you sent me in "Custom Code Settings" within the module, and then I published it in home page in mainbody position. But the K2 module is published with white background in mainbody. I think it's not taking the code. Maybe I have to post it on override.css? What else should I do?
Thanks, i hope your answer...!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:28 am
Report this post
Hi

Try using debug position maybe. If You will add this to override.css than it will remove mainbody on every page.

GK User
Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 pm
Report this post
Debug position is for beez template, not for gk-publisher. Do you have another idea? I don't know why this template does not like other...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 am
Report this post
Hi

Please use "debug". This position is included for sure. Not all positions needs to be listed, so just type it instead of selecting from dropdown. If You want me to make it for You please just send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 pm
Report this post
Yes, I had put the module in "debug" position for to try. I sent the pass to the administrator by PM.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 am
Report this post
hi

I do not have a PM from You. Are You sure You've send it to me? Please use my mail address from post footer.

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm
Report this post
I sent you a message via PM again, I don't found your email at the bottom of the forum. I hope now you get ..!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:11 am
Report this post
Really I need this answer. I waited many days without being able to fix it. Espero la ayuda de este foro.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 am
Report this post
Hi

Please do not bump Your post. It's going to the end of the line after each bump, so I cannot get to it fast.

My solution worked. You just forget to choose "Custom HTML" type in K2 tools module settings. When I oppened it I saw this:

GK User
Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 pm
Report this post
Thanks
I wrote again because she was desperate to have no answer. I had to show the site with the error on Friday again. Thanks for solving it, I now understand it was a very small detail. Thanks you again.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

What error? I thought we have solved the mainbody block showing on frontpage. What else can I help You with ?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.