How register users upload their photo?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Need help on uploading of register users photo.
There is a space beside the popup for the users photo when click on "My Account" after login. Also there is a space for users photo when they comment on a post. But in the "User Profile" and "Edit your profile" there are no upload tab. Can help to advice on the above thanks.

Matthew
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 pm
Report this post
Hi,
1) Are you talking about K2 profile ?
If yes, please check your K2 Parameters in back-end.
K2 Parameters.png

2) Did you use QuickStart or just install our template?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 pm
Report this post
p.s.
Other solution is to use Community component like a CB or JomSocial. They offer profiles with photos and much more etc.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 am
Report this post
Thanks for the advice.

I used Quickstart to install the template, photo not link up properly thou but is fine with me, so I continue customising the template.

Thanks I have manage to activate the upload dialogue box for the user to upload their photo when in "Registration" page and "Edit User Profile" but the photo still does not appear when click on "My Account" at the top right hand corner. Also the "User Profile" page information does not quite tally with the information required by the Registration field. Is there anyway I can change the fields of all the 3 pages I mention above?

There is also the issue of "Captcha" dialogue box not appearing in "Registration" page even after activation in "Plug-in Manager" and "User Manager: Users" (setting done in "Option" tab) which give error message of Captcha box not fill up, as the box is nowhere to be seem in the Registration form.

There are some others issue related to it as well.

Just checking can the registration pages and Edit User Profile page be replace with another plugin or module? Have try JomSocial before but is kind of too rich (as in content) a plugin just for a registration and users management pages.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 pm
Report this post
ok, I've checked and ... this was not fault of template, because probably even on default you would not saw avatar option. This is because of K2 settings. In K2 parameters you have to set the K2 user profile - [YES].

See two pictures below. Next time, please remember that generally we don't support K2 component -> http://getk2.org/community/ - does.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.