Issue with Easyprofile

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm
Report this post
Hi, been using Easyprofile on joomla site with Meet_gavern for some time now.
just created new site based on my previous site and installed Publisher template.
All works well except for (as far as i can see now) Easy profile.
When displaying the profile, the text is vertically alligned wron en editing the profile is not possible: switching between the tabs does not work.
when I revert the template back to meet_gavern of a standard Joomla template it works again.
Attached image shows the issue (left correct = meet_gavern, right wrong = publisher)
Hope somebody can help :)

easyprofilePublisher.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:46 pm
Report this post
Just fixed the [view] part. the culprit was in the template supplied joomla.css.
I commented out the following elements in joomla.css and now the viewing of the profile is okay.
.profile dt
fieldset dt

So only problem now is with the not working tabs in the edit form :(
My technical skills are not sufficient to tackle that one, would appreciate it if somebody could have a look (I have a development site where problem is reproduced)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:46 pm
Report this post
Hi, just nailed it.
it turned out that gk_publisher did a template override with:
templates/gk_publisher/html/com_users/profile/edit.php

I renamed this file and now Easyprofile editing is also working.

Can somebody share what will NOT work anymore / be impacted now that I have renamed this file?
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.