multi language site

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I know that is the most asked question in this forum, but how to make multilanguage site? I prepared a few menu types, made connections between them etc.
The problem is disappearing menu when I change language. I read in other topics that I need to duplicate template and set (in duplicated one) another language menu as a mainmenu. But.... what next? I can't set both (or more) templates as active. Joomla allows me to set only one as default.

Link to website: http://kkswlubin.home.pl/tkdkaz/index.php/en/

thank you as always for help!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 am
Report this post
Hi

Select the template style attached to a language ALL which will be an alternative if there will be no template style for language selected. In other cases a template attached to a language will be taken under consideration in prior to default template.

GK User
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 am
Report this post
Cześć,

Thank You for reply. You are as always the best moderator here ;)

Have you idea how to add language, which is not supported by joomla official's language? I mean Kazah (Kazakhstan) language.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

I will not be able to help this time :( I've looked web for some Kazah language packs, even home made, but there is nothing there. Just a threads on forums from ppl who used Russian instead. Sorry.

GK User
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:49 pm
Report this post
It is possible to add other language as Kazah? I mean add per example Russian language and edit it name to Kazakh? It's similar languages and I think that will be easier way to translate when i have base in russian language.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:12 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes. You can do that. Than You will just need to use language code plugin to overwrite the site tag from ru-ru to ru-kk. You can also replace the flad if You will be using flags in language switcher. I do not remember the path, but when You will display Russian flag You will see the path to the image than.

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:34 am
Report this post
Hi,

I'm not understand well how to change tag. Also i have already russian language, so it can be impossible to add it 2nd time. How to change 'language tags' before installation?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:00 pm
Report this post
Hi

Unzip language package. Edit xml file, change name and tag in this file and zip it all again. Than install. I've never done that, but in theory this should be all it needs.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.