K2 giving error

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:24 pm
Report this post
Hi

Im running into a bit of a problem with my mod_newspro module on my website

anytime i try and publish the module in any position it just gives me an internal server error when i try to open the site and nothing loads, and as soon as i unpublish it everything goes back to normal.

Another thing i tried was, since the Demo Site came with a mod_Newspro in the sidebard i tried chanigng it to the new category i created, same problem happened. Site wouldn't open untill i changed the k2 category source for the module or unpublished the module.

Anyone know why this is happening, I'd really like to have a small latest Blog Post feed on my side bar on all pages.

the site is fitnessbeat.azurewebsites.net

will move it to its proper domain once things are fully operational here.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 am
Report this post
Hi

I've see a similar issue when module is forced to show an article which does not exists anymore. Please send ma an access to joomla panel and I'll see if it's the case.

GK User
Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 am
Report this post
Would you like me to create a super user for you?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 am
Report this post
Hi

Yes that would be great. Please send me access via PM or mail.

teitbite
Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 am
Report this post
Hi

Can You please tell me which module is causing this problems ? I activated couple to test but all are displaying fine.

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:41 pm
Report this post
I get the error while trying to add a mod_news_progk4 module for K2 category BLOG on the sidebar, which is where i need it. I have 2 of them unpublished right now, ID 123 and 131 .
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 am
Report this post
Hi

Problem was, that You hav selected to use "Joomla categores" as source, but no categories was selected. I've selected some and no internal error anymore.

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:12 am
Report this post
Hi

Thanks for Fixing that, but the problem seems to have changed now.

The 4 sample articles from before created under the K2 Category : Blog are now showing up in the sidebar module. However New articles I have created after that do not show up. Even though they are under the same category and the module is set to show the Blog category for K2 items..
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:17 am
Report this post
Hi

Are this articles visible after some time ? This is a problem with K2 items creating a different dates on save than it is acctually. Please try match a date in joomla with a date on Your server.

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 am
Report this post
Playing around with the time fixed this problem.

Now there's something new/unrelated.

Whenever i try adding a new/custom slide to the imageshow(slideshow) module for either a K2 article or a regular article (services we offer) the website gives an internal server error when i try opening it.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm
Report this post
Hi

Can I please see the page where such link to a page with error is present ?

GK User
Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:26 am
Report this post
These are the two articles i would like to create slides for. The first is a k2 article the seconds is a regular article. Images for both are already in the folder labelled 'training'

1) Martial Arts and Wellness (k2) - http://fitnessbeat.azurewebsites.net/in ... d-wellness

2) Services We offer (normal non k2 article) - http://fitnessbeat.azurewebsites.net/index.php/services
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:57 pm
Report this post
Hi

I cannot tell why there is an internal error, but I can tell it's not becuase of the module entirely. I allowed myself to make a copy of Your site, but when I tried to install Akeeba to make this copy I had the same internal error. I think Your server is not properly configured. Unfortunatelly I'm not a server administrator, but I would check the time limits for database and script execution.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.