Template install guide?

Amazing blog Joomla template for personal website with extensive features, additional typography and nice showcase of featured posts.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
hoiung
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 am
Report this post
Hi,

I've just purchased a subscription so I can download the Publisher template.
I've downloaded all 3 files:
gk_publisher_J!3.zip
gk_publisher_quickstart_J!3.zip
gk_publisher_rest_files_J!3.zip

I have no idea which file I'm suppose to install or is it all of them? Is there an sequential order I need to install them too?!?

Regards,

Hoi

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 am
Report this post
You should install quickstart - this is the best solution for beginners because it will provide your view like on our demo server. Of course we've prepared details tutorial how to install this package. The process is exactly the same for Joomla 2.x and 3.x and instructions are available here » How to install the GK Quickstart package with Joomla! 3.x - GavickPro Documentation
Platinum Boarder

hoiung
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:57 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Yes please if you could just let me know how to install the template and plugins is my preference. I already have my joomla installed and running.

Regards,

Hoi

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am
Report this post
The better way is just to remove current Joomla and install quickstart - that's the only way to get view like on our demo server.
Platinum Boarder

hoiung
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm
Report this post
hello,

Yes I've decided to use the quickstart... it's all installed and working fine now... however...

How do I turn on "Use URL Rewriting" without my site blowing up? I don't like it having the index.php url on every page....

Does anyone have any experience with this template with EasyBlog? I've installed it and just asking for any heads up if any known issues!

Regards,

Hoi

hoiung
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 pm
Report this post
Okay, I've fixed the URL rewriting issue... for some reason it didn't copy the .htaccess over for some odd reason!

GK User
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 pm
Report this post
URL rewrite issue is in most cases server problem. If you have problems with htaccess you should contact with your hosting company.

Last bumped by GK User on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 pm.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.