Quark - empty product page

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm
Hi,

I am using the Quark template. I have setup categories and products in VirtueMart and created a "VirtueMart >> Category Layout" menu entry to display the categories and products.

The categories are shown properly and I can browse them. However, when looking at a given category, no product is listed.

I have attached print screens of what I described.

Any hint on where/what I should look for in order to see the products ?

Regards,

Tim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:25 am
Some more information if it can help. The setup on which the issue occurs is based on

* PHP 7.0.7, MySQL 5.6.33
* Joomla! 3.7.5 Stable (installed automatically by my host)
* VirtueMart 3.2.4 (Installed as part of the QUARK - manual installation steps)
* Multi-lang configuration: French (default) & English

When I setup QUARK using the quickstart installation steps I don't observe the issue.
I noticed that the versions differ from my setup (VirtueMart 3.0.18, Joomla 3.7.0). The VirtueMart 3.0.18 release is fairly old (2016).

Is QUARK expected to be supported for the latest versions of VirtueMart ?

Assuming it is, I have done some more experimentations on the setup facing the issue. I used the VirtueMart tools in order to wipe the tables and re-install the VirtueMart with demo content. Then I created a "VirtueMart >> Category Layout" Menu entry that pointed to the category "Wear" from the demo content. When following this link, I get redirected to https://albertluisier.ch/index.php?error=0&itemId=99999, a page with the following error message (print screen attached).

AN 0 ERROR OCCURED DURING YOUR REQUEST

Assuming this is not a know issue, how could I dig this issue further ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 pm
Hi

Please make a small test to check if problem is related with template. Switch to Protostar, which is a joomla default template. See if products will be visible than.

Next test will be to restore our template and rename folder /html/com_virtuemart to /html/_com_virtuemart and see if this will make a difference.

Let me know about the result of this tests.

GK User
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:04 pm
Hi teitbite, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the setup running anymore to execute your suggested steps.

I think this issue is a duplicate of https://www.gavick.com/forums/quark/1146-an-error-occurred-during-your-request-50559, which seems to be rooted in the way the Joomla default language is setup.

In my case, I was using a managed Joomla setup from the infomaniak host. I believe (I can't prove that) that infomaniak managed Joomla setups always setup the english language and then install whatever language we select, which according to https://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla/templates/quickstart/virtuemart-3-non-english-installation-quickstart would be wrong.

Anyway, I re-installed QUARK via the quickstart and the issue is gone.

Also, for the record, after installing the QUARK quickstart, I could also update Joomla to the version 3.7.5 and VirtueMart 3.2.4 and the setup works flawlessly.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:14 pm
Hi

Ok than. Thank You for this information and I'm happy it's working fine now. Closing this thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.