problem with quickstart - default language

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:37 am
Report this post
I just installed the quickstart version that I had downloaded on May 2, 2017. I got the following error on going to the home page for the first time:
Table 'domudes_joomla37.#__virtuemart_categories_en_gb' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT DISTINCT c.virtuemart_category_id AS CID FROM #__virtuemart_product_categories AS cx LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_categories_en_gb AS c ON cx.virtuemart_category_id = c.virtuemart_category_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_products_en_gb AS content ON cx.virtuemart_product_id = content.virtuemart_product_id LEFT JOIN #__virtuemart_categories AS cat ON c.virtuemart_category_id = cat.virtuemart_category_id WHERE ( c.virtuemart_category_id = 8 OR c.virtuemart_category_id = 11 OR c.virtuemart_category_id = 12 OR c.virtuemart_category_id = 1 OR c.virtuemart_category_id = 6 OR c.virtuemart_category_id = 10 )

I fixed this by going to the Joomla admin control panel, clicking on Languages, installing "English (en-US)", and making that the default language.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:14 pm
Report this post
I have had more problems now installing the quickstart using English US. I did a lot of work on the site and then went to open the Products Frontpage module (News Show Pro GK5) and it failed with an error related to the language not being found (English GB). I tried to fix this in the code but couldn't figure it out.

It appears that the quickstart only works properly if it is installed using English GB. Now I need to start over! Note: I am using the latest version of Shop & Buy quickstart.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 am
Report this post
Hi

Please take a look at this article: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... quickstart

Basically demo content was created in English (United Kingdom), so installation have to be done using this language. If You haven't done that simply go to VM Tools section in VM configuration and update database. Tables for missing language will be recreated.

To configure NSP for different language easiest is to use it configuration when desired language is selected for Joomla Panle. Other solution is to use table prefix override available in VM additional settings in NSP configuration.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.