Bug in GK Products Gallery

Modern e-commerce WordPress theme to build successful online store with WooCommerce support.
GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 am
I am getting broken images in the GK Products Gallery display on my home page.

Not all images break. See screen grab to view the working and broken images.

I tried to fix the broken image by swapping a few images ..this is where it got strange it would work for some images and not others

Worked for 1129_12.jpg, 69.jpg but not for many others sport11.jpg...

My settings at present in GK Products Gallery are (woocommerce category slugs) (adrianna-nangala-egan) I am wanting to use (woocommerce latest products) but all images break? All I have set Cache time (min): 0 and have removed browser cache.

can some please assist?

regards
Michael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 pm
Hi,

Could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM).

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm
My url is http://weiv.net/aboriginalartgallery/

I am still having major caching issues.

I deleted images in the folder "cache_nsp" in "/wp-content/themes/ShopAndBuy/gavern/cache_nsp" however images are not regenerating even when i set the cache time to 0 and resize image in GK Products Gallery widget.

This problem has happened before and the images came back but how long does one have to wait for the cache to expire..it makes it hard to work on this template? i have been refreshing for 24 hrs? i thought by manually removing images from the folder "cache_nsp" would work?

Do i need to add the folder "cache_nsp" also to my child theme?? /wp-content/themes/ShopAndBuy-child/gavern/cache_nsp

Also my permissions are 755 on the folder "cache_nsp"

regards
Michael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 pm
Try to set cache time to 1 minute, it should be also refreshed after clicking widget's save button.

Permissions are ok, strange I just checked this on my localhost and ShopAndBuy child theme and it's working fine. (I cleared cache_nsp directory, and images are generated).

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 pm
Hi Piotr ,

I had already tried set cache time to 1 minute to both.

The GK products Gallery and GK News show does not refresh changes.

1. GK products Gallery - all i see is broken thumbs
2. GK News show - changed category slug and all i see is the previous category slug (trends)

thanks

regards
Michael

i only have the cache_nsp folder in the ShopAndBuy directory not the ShopAndBuy-child is that correct?

regards
Mihcael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm
When I created a cache_nsp folder into ShopAndBuy-child i noticed images going into this folder.
(no images seem to be going into the cache_nsp folder in ShopAndBuy directory even when I remove the cache_nsp folder from ShopAndBuy-child)

However none of the changes made a difference to frontend broken images even after browser refresh? regards Michael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:09 am
I have worked out the first issue. (1. GK products Gallery - all i see is broken thumbs) I made some minor changes to "widgets.product_gallery.php" and moved the file into /ShopAndBuy-Child/gavern this somehow made images thumbs break. Therefore i have to make my file changes for "widgets.product_gallery.php" directly in /ShopAndBuy-Child/gavern/widgets.product_gallery.php

1. GK products Gallery - all i see is broken thumbs
2. GK News show - changed category slug and all i see is the previous category slug (trends)

Hopefully i can work out 2. GK News show - changed category slug and all i see is the previous category slug (trends) ?

regards Michael
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:02 am
Could you send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website? Then I'll be able to help you.

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 pm
Problem resolved thanks Piotr
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:46 pm
I'm having the same problem on both ShopAndBuy and StoreBox themes. What was the probem in the end? How to make it right?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 am
Hi,

@Zrno, could you send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website? THen I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:44 pm
Should be ok now.
I've added cache_nsp" directory to your child theme and remove/change filename of the widget in your child/gavern to use widget from the parent and it works properly.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.