How to change name of website without changing Home button

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
svgh
Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 pm
Report this post
Big noob question here, but I still haven't figured out how to change the name of the website without changing the Home menu item.

So whenever you favorite the site, you get "Home" favorite option (which is not cool). If I change the title of the Home menu item, it also changes the name of the "Home" button which is also not cool.

Isn't it possible to edit the name of the front page without editing the "Home" button in the top menu?
Also, is it possible to have the site name appear when you favorite any page on the site, in front of the page name. F.ex. if you navigate to "article 3", and favorite that page, you get "Mycoolsite - Article3" in your favorite menu on the browser.

GK User
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 am
Report this post
Hi.
I think it should be possible,
because each Menu Item can have it's own page name.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:10 am
Report this post
Second option,
you can always use additional Pro extensions for SEO/SEF (for example: sh404sef) which allows you control all those elements from its settings.
Platinum Boarder

svgh
Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:28 pm
Report this post
Ah thanks! Can't believe I missed the browser page title option, doh!

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.