Template doesn't work on new Iphone 6+

October 2012 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 am
Report this post
During test on mobiles we experienced problems with loading demo website on a new Iphone 6+. What can the problem be?
Error message: "The website was reloaded due to a problem." and "There were several problems with "https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/startup/"."

It works on Iphone 5S other devices. Why not on 6+?

\Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:43 am
Report this post
Hello,

We still investigate it. In general this template is no longer supported (is older than 2 years), but we will try find a reason and fix this issue.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:15 am
Report this post
Okay. Would it be safe for us to download it now and assume that we can implement the fix later. So that it works? If not i'm afraid this might be a deal breaker for us.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm
Report this post
Hello again,

I've spend few hours debugging this issue and in fact I don't see any obvious reasons of it - it is completely random - I've tried CSS modifications, JS modifiactions etc. And I was unable to find working solution for all cases.

As I wrote earlier - it is old and unsupported template and I cannot spend more time with so random issue for a product which in general is no longer supported. So unfortunately I'm unable to help you with your case.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:31 am
Report this post
Okay. thank you for the effort.

I would like to mention to you that after we downloaded the template to our own domain, then it actually works on the iPhone 6 plus. But only if we directly add the domain in the browser. If we f.x. click on a link from facebook, and the domain loads in the facebook browser, the site chrashes.
So it seems that this is a browser related issue. And for some reason, it wont work at all on your demo site.

bw
Isak Zacharias Hejnesen
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 am
Report this post
But there is one minor thing i would like your help on if you could.

The "back to top" link in the bottom of the page. I can't figure out how and where to remove it. Do you know where i can delete this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:01 am
Report this post
You have to remove the following fragment:

Code: Select all
<?php if(!JRequest::getCmd('print')): ?>
                           <a class="itemBackToTop" href="<?php echo $this->item->link; ?>#"> <?php echo JText::_('K2_BACK_TO_TOP'); ?> </a>
                           <?php endif; ?>

from the html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php file.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:18 am
Report this post
Thank you :)
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.