Gk_contact plugin now not working

GK User
Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:10 pm
Hi,
I have gk_contact plugin working a few days ago, and I could see system messages and emails recived on mailboxes when I submited the form.

Today I aplied joomla update core to 3.4, update Steak house version 3.16 and updated GK_contact plugin for new recaptcha. I have published one single module on main page with gk_contact, I can see new recaptcha. Seems everything ok, but when I submit the form I don't recive system message "Your message has been sent" and checking my mailboxes I don't recive any email.

I test joomla email configuration and It's propertly configured and working, I can confirm emails are sending and receiving fine.

I try to disable JCH optimice (for minify javascript issues) and admin tools professional. Nothing change, plugin is not working.
Can you help me?

My site is http://clinicaladental.com
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 am
Hi

Can You plesae tell me what is this captcha ? It looks lot different than the original reCaptcha. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll see configuration.

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:50 am
Hello,
I sent you credentials to access to my site via PM.
Thanks,
DN
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:05 pm
Hi

I do not see a message from You in PM or mails. Please send it again.

GK User
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:35 pm
Hi,
I've sent it again...
Thanks!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:32 pm
Hi

I've updated GK Contact plugin to the latest version, but I see that JCH has compressed all files. This doesn't look correct. Not all javascript files can be compressed together. Now there is more than couple of errors because of it. Try exclude some files from compression in plugin settings.

GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:01 am
Hello Teitbite,
I've disable some plugins (included JCH and Admin Tools) and these was not causing GK_contact plugin not Working. I had redirected non www to www and I try to disable it and now I can see a recaptcha message Invalid reCAPTCHA code every time I use Contact form. I try to delete recaptcha keys and create new one's without lucky. I have joomla 3.4.1, lastest version of your template, lastest version of gk_contact plugin, jch disabled...
Please help!
Thanks a lot.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 pm
Hi

Please try change the mail settings to SMTP and configure it. If this will fail please send me an access to ftp so I'll ask programmers to check it.

GK User
Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:33 am
I disable recaptcha at your plugin then Is working perfectly, I can see system message "Email is sent" and a I can see email on my inbox. Seems is not a problem of mail configuration details.I send you a PM with ftp access to check it. Thanks.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:00 pm
Hi

While looking via FTP I can see everything is correct. More likely it's a conflict with another re-captcha used at Your site. Please make a test and enable our plugin re-captcha back. Than disable joomla re-captcha and K2 recaptcha if applied. Everything to be sure You are using only single re-captcha code. Try send message than and let me know the result.

GK User
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:56 am
Hi
I have exactly the same problem. I tried everything you suggested and does not work.
Invalid reCAPTCHA code
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 am
Hi

In rest_files package for steakhouse template You will find a plugin with new recaptcha version. Please install it and let me know how it works.

GK User
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:43 am
I've tested and now is working!
Thanks!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:32 pm
Hi

That's the great news. Now I can inform other ppl who are having this problem about that. Thank You for confirmation.

GK User
Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 am
Hello guys,
i have installed the new plugins, but the problem persist. "Invalid recaptcha code" everytime I submit the Reservation form.

As for the Contact form, the recaptcha does not even show (Yes I make sure it is enabled in the GK-contact plugin)

Pleaes advice.
thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 am
Hi

@javieryep please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll check.

GK User
Tue May 12, 2015 3:12 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

@javieryep please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll check.

Hello teibite, i have sent you the login info. please update me.

thanks

J
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 12:58 pm
Hi
when I ckick Send button I get message:
"Invalid reCAPTCHA code"

When I submit
the Reservation form,
i get this redirect page "mydomain/.html" url with this message:
"403
Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

any solution?

thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 14, 2015 5:03 pm
Hi

Please update template to the latest version as long with joomla and gk contact plugin (You will find it in rest_files package). Let me know if this helped.

GK User
Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 pm
Dear teitbite,
I just update the files.
Nothing solved.
Same issues.

I disable the recaptcha option at the moment, but the redirection after reservation form submission remains as a major problem.

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 16, 2015 5:22 pm
Hi

I cannot log into You site, but in rest_files package there are 2 plugins for GK Contact. Try installing each of them. And check if none of them works. Also make sure reCaptcha plugin is activated and configured properly. Best would be to generate new KEY and secret.

GK User
Sat May 16, 2015 8:06 pm
Hi teitbite,
I don't understand why you can't login. I already sent you the login information.

The problem is not only about ReCaptcha key.
If you read carefully my issue there is a problem also with the redirect page after the submission of the Reservation form. Is this has to do also with the plugin-upgrade and the deletion and re-creation of the Recaptcha Key?

Thank you for your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 19, 2015 11:44 am
Hi

Please try configure SMTP instead of PHP Mail in global joomla setting. Some servers doesn't allow mails being send with PHP Mail anymore.

And please send me an access to FTP I need to show this to programmers, because I cannot see what the problem can be.

teitbite
Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 pm
Hi

Orestis ? :) Just found Your mails about this thread.

I think this redirection has been populated by some SEF extension which added .html at the end. Looking for a cause of this may take a lot of time, so easiest would be to add this script to /layout/blocks/head.php to overwrite this wrong url.

Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript">(function($) {$(document).ready(function() {
$('.gkReservationForm form').each(function(){
$(this).attr('action','http://vinosbar.gr/');
});
});})(jQuery)</script>

GK User
Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 pm
Hi Piotr,
this code didn't work. :?

I placed it at the end of /head.php file.
Maybe there something wrong in the syntax.
pls check.

Thank You
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 22, 2015 11:59 am
Hi

At the end it was probably recognised as php code. Please try replace the file to the one attached. Let me know here and rush me through Skype. I have a lot of work right now and checking mails is low on my list :(

teitbite
Sun May 24, 2015 1:30 pm
Hi

I got a message from You that's it's not working, but I've just checked and action attribute has changed in form and after filling the forum I was redirected to frontpage. So I believe it did work after all :)

teitbite
Wed May 27, 2015 9:55 am
Hi

My script has changed the url where form should redirect to, but looks like link is changed afterwords. It's not an issue with booking system, but with site. Most probably because of a component like for example sh404sef or some changes to htaccess file. Try changing the url in my script to for example: "%CE%BA%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%AE%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%82.html" just to test. Try with different urls as well.

This is not related to our plugin and I do not think replacing plugin will make any difference if links are being overwritten before accessing.

GK User
Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm
On my website also comes problem with Invalid reCAPTCHA code on rkglass.pl. I followed the above recommendations, but the problem continues. What else can I do?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 14, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi

I can see that You are still using old recaptacha. Try generate V2 KEY and SECRET and configure it in recaptacha plugin. I think that's the problem here.

GK User
Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 am
Thanks for the answer. I used reCAPTCHA v2, but is still v1 in form (Rewriting text from an image). What can I do with this?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm
Hi

That's odd. A KEY and SECRET from V1 should not work with on V2 at all. Have You placed the KEY to the module's configuration as well. If yes try downloading rest_file package and update the plugin.

GK User
Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 pm
Updating plugins involves renaming their files? If so, I already did it. The problem continues.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi

Yes, renaming or uninstalling old one and installing a new one.

Please generate recaptcha KEY one more time, just make sure it's for V2, than please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp to my mail [email protected]

teitbite
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:00 am
Hi

Got Your mail with access, thank You. I'm afraid we can speak Polish via mails, but not on forum. Most of the users would not understood us and what we talk about may be what they need to solve the problem.

Unfortunately I had no luck either. V1 recaptcha is being used even if code is loaded for V2. I'm sending Your access to programmers for check. Will let You know as soon as they will reply.

GK User
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:42 am
Oki, i'm waiting for the information.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 am
Hi

Programmers has fixed it. Indeed the code for V1 was used in V2 code place by accident.

Please check the plugin configuration again and also recaptcha settings. I was reinstalling those plugins and generating new KEYs, so it will not be connected to Your domain, until You change it.

GK User
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 am
A lot of work but glad to have solved the problem. Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am
Hi

Sorry I could not done it faster. Glad it's working now. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.