Issues with multilanguage

GK User
Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm
HI am setting up a DE-ENG site and it is not my first time.

Templates, modules articles, menus are all assigned. Plugins are published.

Whenever I set the DE and ENG "home" menu to default the corresponding flag shows up and the language switcher appears on the page. So far so good.

But, the head BG disappears and the nav top bar appears.

When I change the menu items back to not default everything goes back to normal.

It is sort of functional as I have the lang plugin set to use browser language, but that does not work on mobile devices very well. At least not on mine. This is not a perfect solution but it will have to work for now I guess.

Any ideas??
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:41 am
Pending a definate solution I put a table with a linked flag into breadcrumbs. Not perfect but...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm
Hi

Please make sure that all home pages for any languages has a page cluss suffix "frontpage" attached to them.

GK User
Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:34 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please make sure that all home pages for any languages has a page cluss suffix "frontpage" attached to them.

Sorry the huge delay. For some reason I am getting any notifications on new responses.

anyway, I am not using and home page articles. Just modules for the homepages.

I tried putting the class suffix "frontpage" into the relevant header modules but that had not effect.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm
Hi

I do not think we understand each other. Please send me an access to joomla panel and I'll just set it for You.

teitbite
Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:13 pm
Hi

Look at the screenshot. Simply all homepages (for all languages) need a page class suffix as You had for default language.

GK User
Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:40 pm
Hi and thanks :)

I get that, but as you probably have seen I have no frontpage articles, only modules.

I tried adding "frontpage" suffix to header english copy to test but that didn't help.

I cannot see anything resembling your screen shot.
can you give me a step by step please?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am
Hi

Here You will find an example of how to deal with this suffix. https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.