Email contact: Invalid Adress: Ads

GK User
Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 pm
Hey there,

I realized my mail system is not working anymore. I am using Joomla 3.5.1. It might has to do sth with that? https://www.gavick.com/forums/cloudhost ... lyto-50930

"Both has been fixed and can be found in rest_files packages for Your template." >> Where can I find rest_files and what should I do with it? Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:56 pm
please find the homepage here http://casa-eurabia.de/eckige-tische/mo ... -10-detail and follow Stellen |Sie eine Frage zu diesem Produkt|
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:17 pm
Hi

For start please try locate rest_files package. It's in a download section of this template. Than simply unzip it and in /plugins folder You will find contact plugin to update.

GK User
Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:07 pm
Ok thanks I dowloaded the file and found: plg_gkcontact.php and plg_gkcontact. Where do I put them now?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:03 am
Hi

You need to install them using joomla installer, but first it may be necessary to remove those plugin folders from /plugin/system/ or uninstall them with extension manager in joomla panel.

GK User
Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 pm
I've done this: Delete the Installation and reinstall it. The result was, that there is a message like 'The reCAPTCHA-plugin needs a webkey inside his parameters. Please contact an administrator.'
Now the side has no function anymore an I had to delete the directory (gk-contact) on the server, logged in again, deactivated the captcha-plugin, install the plugin, deinstall to delete the plugin clearly, install the plugin. So the plugin is installed, but the error of the beginning is still there.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm
Hi

Yes, but the message is clear. Your recaptcha plugin is not configured. You need to go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html and generate the API key and secret for it. Than copy it to plugin parameters.

GK User
Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:40 am
Ok I got the Key now but how can add the key into the plugin since I can not get back into the backend because it tells me to get the key. Please let me know, how how I can add the key in an other then the backend: http://casa-eurabia.de/administrator/
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:17 am
I've downloaded the plugin, deinstall it, reinstall it, but the error still exist. And I wonder why it should be function because the download is from 2014 and the error from 2016.
How can I fix this that there is gradually a functionable email-form again! I loose money! Please help to fix that shortly.
The error only seems to be that the fields 'Name' and 'Email' are change - for whatever reason!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:10 am
Hi

Do You mean recaptcha plugin ? It's a part of joomla installation, You do not need to install it again. I've just checked and Your contact form is working, so I believe the problem now is a lack of re-captcha, am I right ?

Send me an access to FTP and joomla panel (old one is not working), so I'll take a look.

GK User
Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:40 pm
I ignored the reCaptcha-plugin.
And no, we are not talking about the normal contact-form, we are talking about this contact form the whole time:
- http://casa-eurabia.olifants.eu/runde-t ... -11-detail
- "Stellen Sie eine Frage zu diesem Produkt" (Ask a question to this product)
If you insert 'Name', E-Mail-Address and test you will get an error.
If you insert an 'E-Mail-Address' into the email-field (i.e. [email protected]) and into the name-field (i.e. [email protected]) too, than there is no error.
After sending the question this way I looked into my strato-account an could see the email.
But when I want to answer to this email, strato puts both '[email protected]' AND '[email protected]' into his recipient-field. Strange!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:46 pm
Sent you an private message.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:37 pm
Hi

I have renamed /html/com_virtuemart/askaquestion/form.php to /html/com_virtuemart/askaquestion/_form.php please try it now.

This change will make template use Virtuemart files for ask a question functionality so You will be able to check if problem is coming from template of Virtuemart itself. If this will still not work please switch to a default joomla template and try one more time, this it only to be 100% sure problem is located in Virtuemart or not. If it is than You will need to talk to Virtuemart support about this problem.

GK User
Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:19 am
I've tested a you have said, but the error still exist.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:21 pm
I am now tring to find the solution in the VM Forum and it may relate to not using the update VM3.0.16. I have used VirtueMart 3.0.12 with Joomla Joomla 3.5.1. But still, now using the new update it is not working. It might have to do with a Gavick Override. Please see the VM Forum: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?t ... #msg468745. Please let me know if you have any idea about this problem?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:23 am
Hi

Easiest is to switch template to one of joomla default, like Protostar for example. You can be 100% sure than that any template override is not used, so if problem is there still means it's not coming from template.

I can see someone has made this test already and looks like it is related to VM strictly. I would help, but I'm simply not VM expert and I do not know their code very well.

GK User
Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 pm
With the help of VM it finally worked. There was a problem with VM configuration and email adress for what ever reason.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:05 pm
Hi

Ok. Thank You for the information. Glad it's working. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.