Wish to disable the Product Zoom effect

May 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi there,

I would like to disable the product zoom effect on WP Storefront theme? I cjecked the other entries for this but they only related to Joomla and the css classes must be different.
Do you have a snippet I can use to update the custom CSS?
Thanks in advance.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:01 pm
Hi,
If you are using the latest version, you can disable this feature from Template Options -> Pages -> "Zoom on single product page" option.

GK User
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 am
Well, this installation was only done in April and it would have to be a guess given it is impossible to know otherwise:
• The Gavick download site doesn't show the dates for the latest version, only the original template creation date.
• The theme zip contains an incorrect readme.txt file containing only:
= MEET GAVERNWP =
* by GavickPro, http://www.gavick.com
== ABOUT MEET GAVERNWP ==
• And there's no other distinguishing version information that I can see anywhere in the files.
• Gavick WP themes don't seem to show any updates for WP or if they do, it hasn't been so for me.

So I've downloaded the last one and replaced it via ftp.
And I can now see the updated options in the Theme settings.
So either the quickstart hasn't been updated with the latest version or it was updated since April, or only the theme-only download file has been updated.

You might want to pass this info along to whomever manages your products/website.

Thanks for the assistance.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 am
Hi,
The StoreFront theme is based on MeetGavern framework - that's why you can see this information in readme.txt file. Theme version is always placed in style.css file and additionally in gavern/config/en_US/template.json file.

Our themes are not added to WP themes repository, so you can't see the updates notifications like for your plugins, but you can navigate to StoreFront -> Updates section and here you can check if your theme is up to date and if not, you can find here URLs to latest theme versions.

I've also checked the quickstart package and can't see the issue (latest theme version is included).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.