(SOLVED) Backround Image to behave like in Gamebox Template

The Moment professional and unique design Joomla template support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Hi there,
maybe somebody wanted to do the same and was successful:
My Site looks like this right now:
www.into-focus.de
http://www.into-focus.de

I modified the colors and some other stuff I'm happy with. But my background Image which I changed to 1600x1200px looks good on "normal sized monitors". I'm working on a 24" Monitor, and when I collapse the bookmarks panel, the background repeats its self on the right side of the screen since because the screen size is bigger then 1600px. And with 16:9 Monitors being the standard now the problems only get bigger...

Also when I resize my browser, my background seems to stick to the left upper corner. But for example the gamebox template always stays in the middle of the browser window. I guess then the left and right space is just filled with the background color from the html index page, which happen to be black so it seamlessly blends with the image.

So what would I need to do to my background to behave like the one in the gamebox template?

Oh, and it took me about one half day to just figure out how to change all the colors. So please point me very specific to the files and parameters that should be changed. I'm not a css person :-(

Thanx,
Martin
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:39 pm
getting an error when i join your site...

but you will have to add no-repeat and center to your bodytag... if your website gets up, i can maybe work it out for you...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:15 pm
Hi explodedk,
thanx for your quick response. Your help did it. Everything works the way I want now.

Strange though that you can't visit my website. It works fine when I click on the link I provided...hm...

By any chance, do you know how to change the color from "green" that is used by the template for button background? Like in the voting pools (like on my site in the lower right corner).

This can't be done via switching a jpeg file, nor in the module suffix, so I guess its once again somewhere deep into the css files. But which one? :-(

thanx again,
Martin
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Hi explodedk,
figured the second question out myself. Thanx anyways :-)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 pm
cool....

i still get this error :

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::render() in /var/www/s15u63/html/components/com_jcomments/libraries/joomlatune/template.php on line 390
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:51 pm
Ok, I can only reproduce this error when I click on the american language flag on the top right. I have joomfish and jcomments from joomlatune installed. But I was to lazy to configure them so far. So i guess they must conflict somehow.

But my standart language is german, so you should be direkted to my stadard german site which (should) works 100%.
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.