Could not refresh manifest cache for extension: mod_unread

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:12 pm
Dear Gavick,

I am trying to install The World News 2 (Joomla 2.5.1) on two different servers / hosting accounts and I get the same error message on both:

"Could not refresh manifest cache for extension: mod_unread"

I have NO problem with, for example, PixelLove 2.5.1

Screenshots attached

Ross
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:46 pm
Please try to clean your browser cookies and temporary files, all this details which you set in installation configuration are cached so maybe this caused the problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:47 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Please try to clean your browser cookies and temporary files, all this details which you set in installation configuration are cached so maybe this caused the problem.

Dear Gavick,

Thank you for replying.

I have no problem installing any of your other templates without cleaning browser, temp files and cookies, but I did it anyway, I also tried via a freshly installed new browser - Opera, I deleted the folder on the server, unzipped the quickstart package again and tried it - it doesn't work! I have no problem with eSport - I just installed with success eSport, PixelLove - NO problem, or any other template, only with the World News II... I deleted and recreated the MySQL databases, usernames, etc, I have no problem with other templates, only with The World News II. It doesn't go through... Ross
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Please try to clean your browser cookies and temporary files, all this details which you set in installation configuration are cached so maybe this caused the problem.

Dear Gavick,

I forgot to mention, that i am trying on different servers and with different domains, with the other templates I have no problem, only with the World News II...

Ross
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 pm

I get this as well and relates to TWNII.....Tried several browsers / cleared cache etc..
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm
Same problem :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Same problem here, tried everything. Just does not work.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 pm
I see this is still not fixed....
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 am
dave_logic wrote:I see this is still not fixed....

It's already fixed, Dave, I tried last night and it was working, ross
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.