K2 Images. Where are they?

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 am
Hello: For reasons beyond my understanding and patience I cannot login into the backend or frontend of my website anymore. To save me time and an ulcer, I uploaded The News II template to a new folder and installed Joomla. My intention was to delete the old one as soon as I did this, but alas!

There are no images. After checking around found out that the guys at K2 became creative and the image location for articles is not in database. I moved all the images folders (in the k2 media folder and joomla images and every other folder with images in my site's old location) and nothing. The new site has no images. Anyone knows what else should I move to the new location in order to have images? Articles are there, just no images.

I tried digging around K2 and many people had the same question, but no straight answer from anybody. Please help.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 pm
The image for K2 are in media/k2 directory but you need to check single article settings whether the source to image is still set properly.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 am
Thanks for the reply, Mr. Bkrztuk. I found the problem.

When I moved the files I completely ignored the cache folder. The cache folder is not a "cache" as in the "cache" I normally leave behind when migrating. The "cache" folder is where the actual images are. The "src" just holds the original uploaded files but does not displays anything as far as I tested. I uploaded the cache folder to its new location and bang! Images everywhere.

That "cache" folder should be renamed to something meaningul like "images" or "real_images" or whatever. Right now it could be named "css" and would makes as much sense as "cache" :lol:
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.