Problem Uploading Theme in Wordpress

Support forum dedicated to GavickPro free and premium WordPress themes.
GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:04 am
Hi,
I bought the wordpress themes and i have attempted several times to upload the themes in my wordpress dashboard. Everytime i try i get this error messages

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gk_news_quickstart.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.

can you help out as i am new to wordpress and gavick themes
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:13 am
Hi,

You can't install the quickstart package on existing wordpress installation, the quickstart is a full WordPress installation that installs WordPress, the theme, plugins, widgets and demo content to match our demo.
Please check the following articles:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... rt-package
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... stallation

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:02 pm
i have now tried uploading via FTP and i still encounter the same problem of Style sheet missing:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name Description
gk_game_quickstart_WP_44 Stylesheet is missing.

kindly assist in this asap
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am
Sorry, but I'm afraid that you don't understand.

You can't upload or install the quickstart package if you already have WordPress installed.
The quickstart is a WordPress + our theme, content, widgets, settings etc, please check the quickstart installation guide:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... stallation

If you can't install the quickstart, please use gk_game.zip package (this one may be installed on existing WordPress installation) instead of gk_game_quickstart.zip.

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:58 pm
Hi i have uninstalled the Wordpress and uploaded the files via Filezilla, when i clicked on the link gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44/ which appeared after i visited the website, it showed the following error message:

500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 am
Please upload the content of gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44 directory into your root FTP account, otherwise your website will be visible on the domain.com/gk_news2_quickstart_WP_44/ URL.

If you'll still have problem with that, you can send me a private message with FTP access and I'll check the issue.

GK User
Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:18 am
I uploaded the wordpress files in an addon Domain directory but when i navigated to the file name on the website, it kept on giving error 500. i need to resolve this as quick as possible
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:47 pm
I have sent a PM but it had remain in my outbox, how do I make the message get to you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:24 am
Hi,

I have just replied you via PM but message in my outbox.

I would really appreciate you kind attention to my message.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm
Hi,
The message will be in your outbox until I read it.

GK User
Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:44 am
Hi I have reuploaded the quickstart wordpress into the add-on website www.trade2point.com directory file in FTP, but whenever I clicked on the WordPress file it gives error 500. Kindly check through.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.