Newsletter popup widget not closing

GK User
Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 pm
Hello

I would really love to use the newsletter widget but it doesn't close when the user clicks the X button.
Please help.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 pm
Hi,

Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:50 pm
Hi,
The same problem for me, any idea?
Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:16 am
Hi,

@tomasalonsorodriguez could you please provide me with a URL to your website, so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:04 am
Hi, the website is https://abogaris.es. Thank you
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:56 am
Are you using MailPoet newsletter default plugin? The script is prepared for this plugin.

GK User
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 pm
Really not,we are using newsletter plugin instead of Mail poet, is there any way to close the widget without the Mail poet plugin ? Thank you
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:36 am
Could you please provide me with a backend and FTP access to your websit via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? I'll try to edit the script.

GK User
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:12 pm
Hi, this is the solution provided by Joshua, It works perfectly. thank you!

I've changed this line from js/functions.js file:

var newsletter_submit = jQuery('.wysija-submit');

into:

var newsletter_submit = jQuery('.newsletter-submit');
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm
Hi! I still can't use this widget. The newsletter box is not closing. I use aweber system.
Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 am
The script is prepared for this MailPoet newsletter plugin, if you are using another one script should be modified
Could you please provide me with back-end and FTP access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 pm
Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I'm using a mailchimp widget in the newsletter section and it's not closing. Any help much appreciated :)
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 am
Hi,

@montague I need to see the newsletter form on your website, then I'll be able to help.

GK User
Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:53 am
I'm having the same problem...trying to incorporate the code for activecampaign....can you not post the code fix on here so we can all benefit from it? I'm thinking the issue is with this line around 1437, 1438:
jQuery('#gk-newsletter-popup-close').click(function(e) {
e.preventDefault();

but if I knew what to do... I wouldn't be having this problem....lol....I tried the fix someone mentioned before of changing the one line from wsija something or other to newsletter... but that didn't work for me.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:56 am
@TheDJCoo I need to see your website with your newsletter form, then I'll be able to help.

GK User
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Yes sir... the site I'm working on is http://www.icjewelry2.com/outer-banks/ also I'll be installing the same template and info on http://www.icjewelry2.com/duck/ let me know what you find please. It seems like it should be simple, and I would think posting your fix or say the top 3 of them at least would allow users to try and resolve the issue without bothering you... I do appreciate you taking the time to look at this for me though. I just think your time is valuable.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm
@TheDJCoo we are here to help you :)

Try to edit your js/functions.js file and change this line:

Code: Select all
var newsletter_submit = jQuery('.wysija-submit');

into:
Code: Select all
var newsletter_submit = jQuery('#_form_1_submit');

GK User
Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:12 am
Thanks I tried the code you gave me and that did the trick. I really appreciate it. And here is to hoping that having the code change here will save you from answering that question for 10 other people...
:)
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.