mimic the example

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 pm
hi,
I am trying to mimic the example for the writer template: https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/writer ... /portfolio

I have installed gk_writer_J!3 (i cannot install the quickstart for several reasons)
I have installed the gk_news_show_pro and the gk_tabs

now I am looking for a step by step instruction to generate the example. I am not very experienced in Joomla or in Gavick templates ;-)

Mike
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:22 pm
Hi

Here You will find documentation with settings to copy to Your site: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ion/writer

But I would advice to install quickstart in a different location and compare configuration with.

teitbite
Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:09 pm
Hi

Thank You for PM, but I do not know where to start. Your site is completely different than our demo. Please install quickstart in some other location and check page after page, module after module and configure it the same as quickstart. That would be easiest for You. Anyway it will still take some time to have it same as our demo.

Please tell me what are the reasons that You cannot use quickstart. With this option You can have a copy of our demo within 5min. Maybe I'll be able to help with this issues.

GK User
Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:18 am
Hi,

It took a lot of trial and error but we finally got there. I still think a 'profi joomla' should make a step by step installation sequence for creating a complete template from scratch but with all the installation and configuaration files it can be done :-)

Mike
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 am
Hi

Great to hear that. I know it's a lot of work, but I guess You should be able not to use the joomla install provided by server. If only You have an ftp access it can always be installed in subfolder or simplier, to delete current files and replace with quickstart ones. Anyway, good job.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.