Site language vs. Login screen language

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm
My site is completely in German (front and backend in de_DE), but the login screen is "mostly" in English. The menu item is in English ('My account'), even though it's called "Login" on the menu page. The actual popup shows some item in English, some in German...

How can I change that?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:50 pm
Guys,

I'd really appreciates me help here ... both the language and the registration issue must be caused by the template. I'm adding two screenshots to show that (a) the language is not consistently in Germany and (b) the registration button is there, even though I've disabled this in the user settings.

Help!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am
Hi

First part of Your question was answered here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/events/us ... 50#p268250 already.

For translation, You will find all the sentences to translate in file /languages/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_gk_events.ini
Just copy this file to Your language directory, change the prefix to match tag of Your language and You can start translating.

GK User
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 am
Hi,

Many thanks for your help! I've successfully copied and modified the file and (almost) all is well. The only issue is that the 'Your profile' and 'Edit profile' links don't seem to be in that file ... are they in another function/file?

Also, could you please take a look into this thread? It's the most urgent for me right now: https://www.gavick.com/forums/events/he ... hing-53630

Many thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 pm
Hi

Those sentences are in en-GB.com_users.ini file.

Will check Your other thread right now.

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:13 pm
Thanks, but I have de-DE set for the hole site. Why is this not being taken from de-DE.com_users.ini?

Also, I sent you a PM a few days ago to arrange for the Super User access to my site. Did you not get it? I'm in urgent'ish need of assistance with this thread: https://www.gavick.com/forums/events/in ... dule-53655

Many thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 am
Hi

I see no message in my inbox from You. Please send it via mail [email protected]

No idea why the values from de-DE.com_users.ini aren't taken in. If it's a correct file even. All I can tell is that when I search inside Events Quickstart than I'm getting 3 files in a result (see screenshot). The most possible is com_users.ini, but it may also be comming form some 3rd party extension not included in our demo or the translation is buggy in joomla. You need to make a test and see if changes to any version of com_users.ini kicks in.

GK User
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 am
I don't understand that, either. I've checked both the en-GB.com_unsers.ini and the de-DE.com_users.ini and neither has an influence on those two links. Also, "View profile" isn't even listed in either of these files ... where's it coming from?

I've emails you the backend credentials. Thanks for your help!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:06 am
Hi,

I've "solved" this one by removing the Login module and adding a separate user area menu. If you find out the underlying problem, please let me know, but I can live with this one for now ...

... unlike to the other thread I really need some help on (see email I sent you). Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:49 am
Hi

"Edit profile", "Your profile", etc are not in translation sheets. It's a separate menu called User menu. You can manage it via menu manager.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.